Calibration Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Fircroft Engineering Serv Ltd Contract Crewe
Fircroft Engineering Serv Ltd Contract Crewe urgently required following position for Calibration Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Calibration Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Fircroft Engineering Serv Ltd Contract Crewe Jobs Details:
MAIN GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
Calibration of Engines to meet regulations and product enhancements concerning exhaust emissions, OBDll, fuel consumption and driveability for all markets worldwide.
- Creation of specifications for EMS calibration
- Calibration of EMS using ETAS development tools (INCA etc.) with Bosch functionality
- Specification & validation of software functions
- Compilation & validation of datasets
- Planning test & development programs including:
- Engine and vehicle preparation and instrumentation
- Test program specification
- Conducting & supervising tests in test facilities in Crewe & other national and international locations
- Planning and participation in hot & cold field trials in various locations around the world
- Management of suppliers
- Liaison with other departments & wider group
- Support of prototype cars & engines.
1. Responsible for emissions, vehicle driveability and OBD calibration to time and quality within project frameworks.
- Develop potential feature definition from very broad marketing requirements by providing benchmarks from competitor vehicles and supplier developments and analyse benefits and risks of available technologies in relation to specified functionality, legal, cost, weight and timing requirements.
- Propose appropriate functional and technical specifications with objective and subjective targets for targets book, product design specifications and product validation reports (PVR).
- Self-education through evaluating competitor vehicles, reading technical literature and maintaining a network of contacts within the industry and educational establishments.- Finding and justifying attendance at seminars and formal training courses.
- Developing and maintaining sufficient understanding of the engine management systems.
- In conjunction with functional manager, validation and certification teams agree component and system validation and certification requirements to satisfy client/ group standards and all safety and certification legislation.
- Validation and certification requirements to be recorded within the PVR.
- Manage and execute the tests identified in the PVR and resolve any engineering problems and produce and issue the required documentation for approval.
- Complete the formal sign off of the PVR with the functional manager.
- Prepare reports to support calibration signoff and PVR's.
- Prepare slides and information to support presentations given by themselves and by functional manager to all levels of the business for Product Technical Meetings, Quality functional reviews and Pilot Hall events.
- PC literate, good communication skills, be proven self-starter and work independently.
- Communicate effectively at all levels.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Three years' experience of EMS calibration on Bosch ME7, ME9 or ME17 (or other EMS with electronic throttle control and torque based architecture) including engine mapping, exhaust emissions, OBDII and driveability in hot, cold and high altitude conditions.
- Experience of using INCA.
- Full understanding of exhaust emission & OBDII regulations and fuel specifications worldwide.
- Degree in relevant engineering discipline or HNC / HND in Engineering.
Is a leading Automotive manufacturer with a reputation for outstanding quality the world over. With demand increasing and an upturn in production, there is a need to bring further skills into the business to deliver on current and future projects.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.