Communications Officer Jobs Vacancy at Royal Agricultural University Cirencester
Royal Agricultural University Cirencester urgently required following position for Communications Officer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Communications Officer Jobs Vacancy at Royal Agricultural University Cirencester Jobs Details:
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send:
1. Application form for professional services role ‐ available from our website
www.rau.ac.uk . You may attach a CV with additional information if you wish.
2. A covering letter explaining your interest and motivation for applying, along with how
your experience and qualifications suit you for the role.
3. Details for two referees.
Please send to Human Resources, Royal Agricultural University, Cirencester, Glos GL7 6JS or
via email to email@example.com
Closing date for application forms is 12:00h Friday 2 March with interviews Tuesday 20
Job title: Communications Officer
Salary: Grade 6 : £24,983 to £29,799 per annum
Job details: Full time, permanent, 35 hours pw, normally Mon‐Fri
Responsible to : Marketing and Communications Manager
Responsible for: Marketing Assistant Intern
Relationships with : Staff, students, prospective students and parents, alumni,
journalists, external design agencies, print houses and
The Communications Officer is responsible for supporting the Marketing and Communications
Manager in the development of all internal and external communications for the university, ensuring
its messages are engaging, effective and consistent.
Duties of a Communications Officer include:
- Supporting the delivery of the communications strategy for the university incorporating PR,
- Delivering communication campaigns to attract enquiries from prospective students and
- Contributing to communications plans to increase brand awareness and recognition for the
- Supporting relationships with the media to secure and grow media coverage, both online
- Writing press releases for local and national media.
- Monitoring press stories relating to the university and its brand.
- Maximising opportunities for positive coverage.
- Reputation management.
- Collating and analysing current communications and messages and ensuring consistency.
- Support the communication of the brand to internal customers and stakeholders.
- Creating content and working with external agencies to produce publications.
- Management of the Marketing Assistant to ensure they receive development opportunities
The ideal background of a Communications Officer:
- Previous experience in communications for a similar organisation would be a strong
- Highly articulate individual with excellent written communication skills.
Requirements Essential Measured By
or A) Application Form
Desirable B) Interview
C) Test / Exercise
Educated to degree level or equivalent E A
Experience of marketing, communications and/or PR E A
A good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel E A
Experience of copy writing and writing media releases E A
Experience in the Higher Education sector D A
Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and E B
interpersonal at all levels
Experience of project management D B
Experience of contributing to social media channels E B
Experience of interacting with the media E B
Proven track record of successfully securing positive media E B
Excellent attention to detail and accurate proof reading skills E C
CIM (Chartered Institute of Marketing) qualified D A
This position is based within the Marketing and Student Recruitment Department at the Royal
Agricultural University. The department manages all marketing, recruitment and corporate
communications activities for the university. The department is looking to appoint a personable and
professional individual who is enthusiastic and motivated. The post will suit those that have an
ability to write and think creatively and are organised and methodical in their approach.
Page 2 of 2