Management Accountant Jobs Vacancy at Network Rail Tottenham
Network Rail Tottenham urgently required following position for Management Accountant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Management Accountant Jobs Vacancy at Network Rail Tottenham Jobs Details:
Th e role will enhance the development of business partnering skills, whilst providing proactive financial and management accounting services to budget holders to support business decisions and maintain financial control. The role offers exposure to frontline staff with an opportunity to understand how the railway operates on a daily basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting maintenance and operations within the West Anglia region, holding section and operation managers to account on how they utilise their annual budgets through reporting, forecasting and ad-hoc analysis etc. The role will also support continuous improvement via various LEAN principles including contributing in visualisation meetings, gaining an understanding how various elements of the business reflect on the Route Scorecard position
About the role (External)
1. Support the preparation of business plans and budgets, providing specialist advice.
2. Produce and present period actuals and forecasts for budget holders, including preparing period accruals, transfers and adjustments. Issue reports and support budget holders in understanding the impact of the period results and forecasts against budgets.
3. Produce the period end business review pack and highlight any significant issues with financial and other business results.
4. Monitor and promulgate corporate governance throughout the function and review compliance with financial regulations.
5. Assist in investment appraisals and business case analysis.
6. Model and analyse cost base and identify and monitor opportunities and efficiencies.
7. Participate in budget holder key meetings to provide sound financial advice and support.
8. Provide investment and project accounting services as required for areas of responsibility.
9. Support the timely collection of business unit debts and payment of business unit creditors, and supply accurate periodic cash forecasts.
10. Identify and manage commercial risks, including the financial suitability of new customers. Promote risk management in the function.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
· Student/part membership (or equivalent) of the relevant professional body having progressed beyond the first stage of qualification, or possession of sufficient experience to fulfil the requirements of the role without membership of the relevant professional body
• Business partnering, able to effectively communicate and challenge
• Can demonstrate innovative thinking in taking actions to improve performance and problem solving
• Intermediate Excel skills
· 3 years’ experience within finance disciplines of Network Rail and/or external organisations
· Experience of Oracle based systems
How To Apply- External
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail. Applicants should demonstrate their personal commitment to safety in their application.
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75% subsidy on season tickets costing up to £3000 (to a maximum amount of £2,250).
Network Rail adheres to a structured pay framework, any salary offered will be within the following pay range : £32256 - £36288
Closing date: 3rd February, late applications will not be accepted. We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes
Network Rail adheres to pre-employment Baseline Personal Security Standard (BPSS), this is government standard for pre –employment vetting. BPSS government standard pre-employment vetting requires Network Rail to screen a potential employee’s unspent criminal convictions and undertake 3 year career checks. Employment at Network Rail is subject to employees meeting the BPSS government standard pre-employment vetting.