Group Accountant Jobs Vacancy at Inmarsat London
Inmarsat London urgently required following position for Group Accountant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Group Accountant Jobs Vacancy at Inmarsat London Jobs Details:
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an ambitious individual to join the small, high-profile Group Finance Team which is responsible for:
- Group External Financial Reporting
- Annual Report (back half)
- Statutory Reporting for Group companies
- Group Accounting Policies
- Investor Relations Support
- Business Partnering to HQ Departments
This is role is seen by the company as an entry level role for a part-qualified accountant who is keen to consolidate his/her financial reporting knowledge working with a “blue chip” financial reporting team. The individual is expected to complete their professional qualification and move on into either a more senior role in the Group Financial reporting Team or into an FP&A or more commercial finance role working closely with the business within approximately 18 months.
The candidate will be responsible for preparation of month end journals, reconciliations, financial statements and other financial accounting activities within the central Group Financial Reporting team.
The successful candidate will take primary responsibility for all consolidation and elimination entries related to intercompany trading within the Group. They will work closely with the systems team and the revenue/gross margin team to continue to drive efficiencies and automation within the new consolidation system.
This is a critical role within the Group Financial Reporting team and will allow the successful candidate to develop their skills and knowledge to eventually take on more challenging and technical accounting tasks within the team.
- Complete ownership of all consolidation entries for intercompany trade balance sheet accounts (including accounts receivable, accounts payable, prepayments and accruals). This includes owning the elimination journals and process in Adaptive Insights and continued process improvement through the implementation of elimination rules.
- Complete balance sheet eliminations for all Group entities not on SAP, liaising with local accountants and the Group revenue team to ensure balances are aligned on both sides.
- Responsible for producing the monthly aged debtor analysis for inclusion in the Monthly Management Report.
- Preparation of statutory accounts (in multiple currencies) for five to six entities within the group and first point of contact to resolve any audit queries.
- Group representative for subsidiaries in Greece, Russia and Japan. This entails providing support to external accountants, processing internal funding requests, overseeing payments to external suppliers and supporting the external accountants in year-end activities.
- Interacting with the auditors for the interim and year-end audits – explaining and evidencing the elimination and consolidation process and providing reconciliations of the trade debtor and trade creditor accounts.
- Preparation of notes for the Group Financial Statements.
- Management of the Group Financial Reporting cost centre, tracking all PR and POs to ensure they are in line with fee quotes and forecasts. Working with Accounts Payable to ensure vendors are paid on time and working with the P2P team to accurately record month end accruals.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Graduate currently completing professional accounting qualification (ACCA/CIMA/ACA)
- Working knowledge of accounting principles, standards, IFRS
- Strong knowledge of excel – including pivot tables and V-Look ups
- Experience of SAP and Adaptive Insights would be an advantage but is not essential
- Flexible, hard-working and results oriented