Category Manager Jobs Vacancy at Network Rail Milton Keynes
Network Rail Milton Keynes urgently required following position for Category Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Category Manager Jobs Vacancy at Network Rail Milton Keynes Jobs Details:
Do you have previous experience in managing and developing relationships?
Are you a strategic thinker and seeking a role where you can be challenged regularly?
The C&P Technology team is pivotal to the selection & management of a robust supply chain and the acquisition of goods and services covering information technology, operational technology and telecoms. From legacy applications to cloud strategies & the digital infrastructure revolution you will find the C&P Technology team working as a business partner to identify or support development of technologies to deliver performance improvement. As artificial intelligence and the application of Blockchain burst onto the scene and technology vendors respond with new solutions there couldn’t be a more exciting time to join the C&P Technology team. A key member of our team you will be required to apply specialist knowledge within a particular category group and seek out and secure contract and supplier arrangements. Ideally, you will have worked in a commercial technology environment and possess skills that give you the edge when delivering technology. If you believe in a technology enabled future and want to play a part in a digital technology transformation and, if you believe you have what it takes and would like the chance to join our dynamic team then we would love to hear from you. If you would like the opportunity to hear more about the Technology Team, the Head of the Commercial Technology team will be holding a career evening on Wednesday 31st January 2018. There will be a presentation & discussion on Contracts & Procurement within Technology including a Q&A session and the opportunity to network with the team. For more information, please refer to IRC2098902 and apply if interested in attending!
About the role (External)
• Work with internal and external partners to understand future business strategies and maintain an up-to-date supply and demand plan
• Collect, review, analyse and maintain all category-related and supplier performance data for particular categories, to feed in to creative category strategies.
• Develop expertise in specific aspects of category groups, and build and maintain the relevant strategies covering all of Network Rail’s requirements.
• Responsible for the day-to-day management of supplier relationships for relevant specialist area.
• To support the delivery of supplier innovation and other new requirements for relevant categories.
• Provide day-to-day governance of spend in the relevant category areas.
• Act as a day-to-day point of contact for the C&P community on all queries in the applicable specialist area.
• Develop commercial strategies to better incentivise reliable supplier performance and drive supplier performance development programmes and sourcing activity effectiveness
Job skills, experience and qualifications:
• Strategic outlook, including the ability to fully analyse options and drive delivery of recommendations.
• Understanding and application of standard methodology within relevant markets.
• Proven experience of handling 3rd party supplier relationships as well as relationships with key internal partners.
• Excellent numerical, report writing and presentational skills.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent professional education, or experience.
• Confirmed commercial track record in capital intensive, asset rich industries
• Active participation in relevant industry bodies
• Subject matter expertise for the given supply market
How To Apply- External
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. We positively embrace flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail. Applicants should demonstrate their personal commitment to safety in their application.
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75% subsidy on season tickets costing up to £3,333 (to a maximum amount of £2,500).
We adhere to a structured pay framework, any salary offered will be within the following pay range : £42,336 - £47,628.
Network Rail adheres to the Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS). This is a government standard for pre-employment vetting. All prospective employees will undergo the required checks to meet this standard before joining the company.
Closing date: 07.02.18. L ate applications will not be accepted. We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes.
It is a requirement of the role to live within 90 minutes commuting time of The Quadrant Milton Keynes.