Wholesale Assistant Underwriter Jobs Vacancy at Aviva London
Aviva London urgently required following position for Wholesale Assistant Underwriter. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Wholesale Assistant Underwriter Jobs Vacancy at Aviva London Jobs Details:
A fantastic opportunity has arisen in the London office. We are actively recruiting for a Wholesale Assistant Underwriter in the Global Corporate Speciality department
In this role, your key duties are as follows:
- You will be responsible for underwriting profitable business within a specific area, operating within agreed guidelines and authority levels.
- Actively pursuing opportunities to grow the book of work through new business and renewals, in line with team and CSR targets.
- Act as a role model, coaching and mentoring less experienced colleagues.
You’ll understand that working within our governance frameworks to make sure we’re risk compliant as an organisation is fundamental.
- Detailed underwriting knowledge within relevant product line.
- Experience of applying underwriting knowledge to effectively improve processes/procedures.
- Experience of being responsible for own underwriting caseload within a regulatory environment, following due process and within set authority limits.
- Ability to analyse complex information and draw out the relevant facts.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Sound product knowledge and market awareness.
- Excellent business development/customer engagement skills in order to influence key contacts in the marketplace.
- Knowledge and ability to coach and guide less experienced underwriters in own team and wider teams
- Familiarity with the relevant departmental and Aviva-wide policies, procedures and guidelines
- Working knowledge of a range of standard computer software, e.g. Microsoft Office, email and ability to utilise same to enhance services
- Relevant vocational training.
- Working towards CII Diploma/relevant professional qualification or equivalent experience.
- Annual completion of Aviva’s mandatory CBT’s.
- Competitive salary
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Saima Akram in the Resourcing team on 0121 779 1449.