Laboratory Support Technician Jobs Vacancy at Bbi Group Sittingbourne
Bbi Group Sittingbourne urgently required following position for Laboratory Support Technician. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Laboratory Support Technician Jobs Vacancy at Bbi Group Sittingbourne Jobs Details:
As a Laboratory Support Technician , you will
be required to support your manufacturing and quality and control colleagues.
Key responsibilities will include but bot be limited to;
- Write & review COSHH assessments for the chemicals used within the lab areas and ensure safe practice and the correct use of PPE.
- Carry out stock checks for machine chemicals, cleaning products and consumables that are used, manage the stock and order sufficient – not excessive quantities.
- Communicate and liaise verbally and respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests and to verbal or written instructions, including any changes in processes and legislation updates.
- To ensure that laboratory and corridor areas are clean and presentable, no build-up of used consumables and equipment which requires cleaning.
- To ensure that lab ware is clean and available for use by other laboratory staff.
- To strive to improve the appearance of the laboratory areas, any recurring issues which arise are to be reported to the Production Team Leader so that they can be addressed.
- To ensure daily checks of fridges and freezers are carried out, results recorded and non-conformances reported to the Production Team Leader.
- To ensure sufficient stocks of depyrogenated vials and lab ware are maintained, monitored and recorded.
- To control the supply of depyrogenated items to other laboratory staff and ensure no delays occur to project schedules due to late supply.
- Preparation of buffers and reagents used for cleaning lab areas and labware.
- Calibration of key laboratory equipment, including balances and pH meters.
- Compliance with BBI’s quality system requirements.
- Service, calibration and maintenance checks of laboratory equipment.
- Completion of daily cleaning checks.
- Assist production and quality control departments with environmental testing of lab areas, laminar flow cabinets and MBSCs.
- Adherence to all SOPs, EOPs, SMPs and other relevant documents.
- Any other duties as requested by your Line Manager which are reasonable and within the skills and ability of the post-holder.
To be successful, you will need to be somebody with a positive attitude and the ability to work effectively as part of a team in a fast-paced environment. You must have a good standard of numeracy, literacy and communication skills. You will also need to be able to demonstrate that you have a strong ability to both manage time and solve problems.
Whilst it isn’t essential that the successful candidate has any formal qualifications, we are looking for someone who has experience of working in a laboratory environment.