Cib Fund Accounting Corporate Actions Analyst Associate Edinburgh Jobs Vacancy at Morgan Chase Edinburgh
- Cib Fund Accounting Corporate Actions Analyst Associate Edinburgh
- Morgan Chase
- Edinburgh SCT
- 08 Feb, 2018 11 days ago
Morgan Chase Edinburgh urgently required following position for Cib Fund Accounting Corporate Actions Analyst Associate Edinburgh. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Cib Fund Accounting Corporate Actions Analyst Associate Edinburgh Jobs Vacancy at Morgan Chase Edinburgh Jobs Details:
Position Summary The Asset Servicing team services 3 regions from a fund accounting and investment accounting perspective. The utility services at an asset level only for all regions, totaling 4,500+ funds on a daily basis, which include daily, weekly & monthly client deliveries. Fund types range from , but not limited to Unit Trusts, OEICS, Multi Manager, SICAVs, Life & Pension Funds. The utility provide central processing of COAC & Income market events to ensure consistent treatment of transactions across all applicable funds within the EMEA regions. Event details interface from the Market to the accounting platform where possible, alternative vendors are also used to capture events across the asset universe for all regions as a secondary source of capture. All events processed are subjected to review and a further completeness check via EMS the JP Morgan NAV validation workflow tool is performed Daily stock and cash reconciliations are performed between the Custody (Market) and Accounting systems. Key Responsibilities
- Client Centric focus: Work as a trusted client partner and advocate, ensuring strong strategic alignment and open communication
- Proactive management of key client relationships to enhance the client experience with J.P. Morgan.
- Ensure clear well documented communication between sub custodians, agents, brokers, counterparties, internal operational teams and clients within prescribed timeframes.
- Manage group email boxes and internal enquiry management tools to ensure queries are resolved and responded to within a timeframe and manner sensitive to the urgency of the event, and in accordance with prescribed service levels, thereby ensuring that internal and external client satisfaction is achieved.
- Provide support, guidance and training to Processing Analysts on a day-to-day basis to share knowledge and strengthen the team across the Corporate Actions product to enhance global client experience.
- Controls and Risk Management: Ensure we remain adaptable and responsive to the changing regulatory landscape
- Proactively review event and market processing challenges to identify recurring themes that can be prevented through staff education and operational process improvements.
- Ensure all daily functions supporting the Corporate Actions workflow are completed to support meeting the agreed service levels.
- Assist the team Manager in the day-to-day management of the process ensuring effective workload balancing for team members.
- Identify and Escalate to management any process and/or procedural changes required as driven by the clients, markets, daily operations or business functions.
- On a semi-annual basis work with the team and team managers to review and, where necessary, seek approval for updates to processes or procedures to minimize risk and improve the operational environment. Urgent changes to processes or procedures should be documented and escalated immediately.
- Take full responsibility for adherence to all departmental procedures, policies, checkpoints and controls
- High Performing Team: Created a culture of inclusion, empowerment, opportunity and execution excellence
- Ensure timely, detailed and accurate review of all Corporate Action functions.
- Ensure full execution of morning and afternoon, intra and end of day controls and checks, with End of Day attestations supplied to team manager.
- Exhibits flexibility in communication styles to develop effective relationships
- Effectively partner with operational and service teams to improve service levels and processes to establish J.P. Morgan as a premier service provider.
- Provide effective team communication, in partnership with the team managers, through regular one-to-ones and team meetings providing information on changes impacting the team, including, but not limited to, market changes, functional moves and procedural / service changes.
- Innovation: Created an environment that fosters and supports thought leadership, innovation and creative problem solving
- Challenges assumptions and ‘the way we have always done it’ by taking the lead in removing barriers and obstacles
- Use creative thinking strategies, techniques and tools to develop new ideas
- Approaches change with a positive attitude. Articulates how the stages of change can affect individuals and the team
- Investigate opportunities for self-development and improving knowledge of the business that you are servicing in order to improve skills and deliver maximum service levels.
- Leverage: Deliver optimal and key cross-asset solutions that capitalize on the scale of the expanded franchise
- Actively partner with other functional areas to share ideas, tools and techniques to improve delivery
- Work effectively across cultures and take advantage of time zones to deliver more effectively to the client
- Efficiency: Capture efficiency targets through the effective leveraging, streamlining and optimization of our platforms, resources and global footprint
- Look to streamline work processes, eliminating steps that do not add value to the client
- Understand the impact of expenses and manage costs effectively
- Manage your individual workload to ensure individual, team and departmental deadlines and objectives are met.
- Results based experience demonstrating strategic and analytical thinking.
- Track record of working in a changing environment with the experience of learning, documenting and implementing new processes efficiently.
- Demonstrate experience of multi-tasking and effective time management with attention to detail in a fast paced environment.
- Experience of effective communication both oral and written to management, clients and colleagues
- Must have Microsoft Office skills: Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Desirables:
- Relevant degree education preferred, however, non degree candidates with a proven track record in a similar role will be considered. About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/. JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.