Customer Business Manager Top Retail Jobs Vacancy at Glaxosmithkline London
Glaxosmithkline London urgently required following position for Customer Business Manager Top Retail. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Customer Business Manager Top Retail Jobs Vacancy at Glaxosmithkline London Jobs Details:
Your Responsibilities :
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a mission: we want to help people to do more, feel better, live longer. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 89 manufacturing sites and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Belgium and China.
GSK Consumer Healthcare combines our strong pharmaceutical capabilities in regulatory, medical, drug manufacturing, and healthcare professional access - doctors, dentists, pharmacists - with best in class fast moving consumer goods capabilities - consumer insight, speed to market, brand focus and the ability to effectively partner with retailers. We call this combination of pharmaceutical and fast moving consumer goods capabilities ‘Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare’, and believe we are uniquely placed to become the first and best Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare Company driven by science and values.
To find out more about Working at GSK, click here.
To find out more about GSK Consumer Healthcare, click here.
We have an opportunity for a passionate and determined individual who has a proactive approach to work and a self-starter attitude to developing themselves to join our team as Customer Business Manager with alignment to one of our Top 6 retail customers.
In this field based role reporting to the Category Controller, you will deliver sustainable and mutually profitable growth by developing long lasting relationships with a range of customers, both vertically and horizontally across multi-functional working teams to ensure customer needs have been met. In addition to this, you will need to have a sound understanding of category management principles, as a significant amount of this role involves influencing improvements across range and space in a cost effective manner.
- Strategic Planning
- To develop and deliver a business strategy with the customer across the CHGB portfolio which delivers long term sustainable profit growth.
- Customer Contact
- To build relationships with key trading team contacts and utilise these relationships to influence decisions being made in the Oral & Wellness categories.
- To work in conjunction with the REL Sales force to determine opportunities to work collaboratively with the customers.
- To make key category recommendations to the customer on range, distribution, space promotions and NPD
- Financial Management
- To build a range of P&L’s to understand the shape of the business and identify opportunities for future growth.
- To build and develop a robust commercial calendar that delivers both against GSK and customer needs.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE – 25th February 2018
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the ‘cover letter’ of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
- Understanding of how an Account Manager/Buyer relationship functions.
- Broad business knowledge and market understanding.
- Experience of building relationships at all levels within an external organisation.
- A tenacious and entrepreneurial approach in the role is key to building and sustaining new long term relationships.
- Financial numeracy to be able to build strategically sound, financially robust proposals that exploit opportunities.
- A good understanding of the marketplace, its key players and projected market dynamics.
- Previous Account Management experience in retail sector is essential.
- Good understanding and insight into Category Management principles.
- Previous experience of building new senior level relationships within complex and tough trading environments.
- Previous Impulse experience preferred but not essential.
- A working understanding of marketing, supply chain and financial management.
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.