Legal Secretary Banking Jobs Vacancy at Eversheds London
Eversheds London urgently required following position for Legal Secretary Banking. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Legal Secretary Banking Jobs Vacancy at Eversheds London Jobs Details:
Practice group/Global Operations team:
Type of Vacancy:
Full time/Part time:
Contract/Part time details:
About Eversheds Sutherland:
Secretaries are held in very high regard at Eversheds. We don't just want people who are great typists, but flexible and committed individuals who can think on their feet, work well with our clients and have the drive to get things done. We will fully reward you for your talents in a highly supportive environment that offers genuine career paths.
Our Banking group handles major projects for some of the largest clients in the world both listed and private. We enable our people to stretch their skills and gain experience few other law firms can offer. Our group includes a wide variety of experts, from dealmakers and banking experts through to contract drafters. With the resources of an international firm and an award winning, innovative approach, all of our people are able to offer carefully managed, progressive business solutions that modern day organisations require.
Our Banking team is a leading practice which advises on some of the largest and most high profiles deals in the region. Thanks to our resources, we are able to adopt a much more multidisciplinary approach to the way that we do business that delivers efficiency and results. Our lawyers are also supported by experienced, sector-focused experts to provide an unrivalled and seamless international offering.
You will be responsible for the provision of full secretarial and administrative support. This includes:
- Comprehensive and proactive diary and travel management, anticipating future demands of team members and actions required. Manage critical diary dates
- Organising and planning meetings, to include coordinating agendas and papers for internal and external meetings, booking travel and arranging for necessary equipment and refreshments
- Managing workflow of typing, making appropriate use of the firm’s outsourced service.
- Acting as liaison point for clients and colleagues
- Dealing and screening calls, delivering a positive client experience
- Providing sound comprehensive financial administrative support to Legal Advisers; ensuring compliance with legal, firm wide and practice group specific policies and procedures
- Proactive Billing and Financial Support; monthly/quarterly billing runs; management of client accounts; resolving internal/external financial queries; preparation and submission or payment of third party invoices, dealing with incoming and outgoing monies
- Paper and electronic filing
We'd love to hear from you if you have already worked as a legal secretary, supporting the Banking practice. Ideally you will have a minimum of 65 wpm typing and as we use technology for maximum benefit you will need to have excellent MS Office skills.
It is expected that with limited supervision you will be able to proactively support a team of legal advisers and key clients, produce high quality documents, manage extremely busy diaries, arrange complex travel itineraries, and will have an enthusiastic approach to dealing with day to day tasks and longer term initiatives/projects.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of providing secretarial support to senior legal advisers
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisation skills
- A flexible and committed attitude;
- Excellent problem solving skills and initiative
- Strong team ethic; the willingness to take account of others’ workloads and offer help
- Good relationship building skills, internal and external
- Seeks to provide outstanding levels of client service at all times. Projects a positive and professional image of the firm to clients
- Uses initiative; anticipates what is needed and takes appropriate action
- Highly motivated, accurate, works well under pressure and has a ‘can do’ approach
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational, verbal and written communication skills
- Focuses on solutions, not problems. Takes ownership of problems through to resolution
- Has aptitude to learn a variety of new systems and processes
- Supports and champions all firm-wide initiatives; is a keen supporter of change
- Ability to interpret financial information to fully support the fee earner in their client and matter management responsibilities.
- Working knowledge of key financial transactions including client/office payments and receipts, and billing
- Seeks opportunities to grow and share knowledge and learn about wider business activity