Tariff Classification Specialist Jobs Vacancy at Glaxosmithkline Middlesex
Glaxosmithkline Middlesex urgently required following position for Tariff Classification Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Tariff Classification Specialist Jobs Vacancy at Glaxosmithkline Middlesex Jobs Details:
Your Responsibilities :
This Tariff Classification Specialist will be responsible for performing the activities required as part of the tariff classification service. This will require a strong service focus to exceed customers expectations and drive continuous improvements. The role will also be involved in performing service activities which require technical knowledge and analysis of data.
Tariff Classification specialist will also be responsible for the tariff classifications used by GSK on invoices and which provide the information for declarations to customs authorities. Tariff classifications are a legal requirement and identify the item to customs authorities and have duty rates associated to them. These processes are critical to GSK as they have a direct impact on the amount of customs duty paid by GSK. The classifications must be compliant with external customs authority rules and any mistakes make have financial repercussions for GSK.
The Tariff Classification specialist will be responsible for determining and implementing agreed mitigations for all service risks and issues. They need to drive the continuous improvements and strive to improve KPI and metrics results. They also need to determine to enact the escalation process for ambiguous classifications and recommend implementation of BTIs.
As well as frequent interactions with the other Customs Duty Services the role will have frequent interactions with the technical Indirect tax expert for escalations, customers and suppliers of additional information across the globe. The role will also have strong links with the data groups in SAP and JDE ensuring alignment and maintenance of tariff data on the systems
This role will be responsible for performing and managing tariff classifications globally.
Specifically this will entail:
• Delivery of the Tariff Classifications according to SLAs agreed with customers, and GSK risk and compliance frameworks.
• Delivery of service performance KPIs and metrics.
• Follow Tariff Classification processes.
• Report service issues and deal with in a timely manner. Escalate issues with proposed mitigations to service lead.
• Implement approved projects and initiatives to address performance gaps and continuously improve the effectiveness and efficiency of tariff classification service delivery.
• Responsible for understanding process and tariff classification service risks and ensuring that they are identified, mitigated , controlled and reported appropriately.
• Work closely the business to understand and classify our products and raw materials with the appropriate tariff/commodity code to comply with import & export regulations.
• Maintenance of the central classification database with codes, ensuring alignment to SAP and JDE systems and Infosteward results.
• Identifying issues and risks.
Service Planning and Evolution
• Deliver service enhancements or changes .
• Delivery of service elements to plan to support acquisitions or divestments, implementation of CERPS and other ERP changes, process improvements and risk mitigations.
• Implement strategic plan for service evolution, incorporating best practices and process plans developed by the GPO.
Customer Relationship Management
• Manage relationships with the business areas requesting classifications and suppliers providing supporting information required to perform classifications.
• Manage the relationship and SLA with the 3rd partner suppliers of the central tariff classification database.
• Gathering of informal Tariff Classification customer feedback, reviewing performance and agreeing targets and plans.
• Communicating results to customers.
This role will close on the 23rd Fab 2018
• Working knowledge of Free Trade agreements and
preferential origin rules.
• Working knowledge of other customs duty related
• Working knowledge of global customs procedures.
• Knowledge of export regulations across the globe.
• Supply chain activities.
• Strong customer focus.
• Demonstrated attention to detail.
• Ideally you would have worked in the pharmaceutical sector
Why GSK? :
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.