Engineering Development Programme London Jobs Vacancy at Power Networks London
Power Networks London urgently required following position for Engineering Development Programme London. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Engineering Development Programme London Jobs Vacancy at Power Networks London Jobs Details:
Salary: £28,675 per annum
Start Date: Monday 22nd October 2018
This is an exciting opportunity to join UK Power Networks and gain the skills and experience required to become a qualified Field Engineer through a structured individual training programme.
Applications are invited for the above training opportunity. This vacancy is open to all external candidates and UK Power Networks permanent employees.
The Engineer Development Programme (EDP) 2018 is designed to provide successful candidates who are passionate to work on the Distribution Network and have a desire to become a Field Engineer (Senior Authorised Person) building on their existing HNC or equivalent qualifications.
The EDP takes two and a half years to complete, however, if you already hold a relevant technical qualification and have 5 years experience in a distribution network role the training period may vary. Trainees will be required to undertake development activities which provide the skills necessary to become a Field Engineer (SAP).
The programme will include;
- Completion of competency courses required to become SAP (Overhead, Underground or Combined) at a minimum of 11kV
- Experiential learning to provide the experience required to progress to SAP
- Development of business awareness with the opportunity to gain experience in other business areas
Successful completion of the EDP will qualify trainees to pursue a Field Engineering role within the UK Power Networks Business.
- To learn and apply techniques gained from the Engineer Development Programme safely and in accordance with the Network Operations Directorate and H&S standards.
- To successfully complete the modules and required milestones within the EDP programme.
- To demonstrate positive behaviours, performance and attitudes throughout the programme as befits an aspiring professional field engineer working within UK Power Networks.
- Learn and apply knowledge gained on network engineering activities in line with the UK Power Networks policies, processes and procedures.
- Work with Operational field staff to learn the most effective technical solutions for the development of the network.
- Learn how to generate detailed management project reports when required.
- Use skills learned from their academic qualification to provide support on and generate solutions for specific projects, including attention to Construction Design Management (CDM) regulations, as required.
- Work on small projects and work packages as required to gain experience and knowledge.
- Learn and apply knowledge gained to prepare robust risk assessments for network activities as required
- Work with colleagues to learn the management referrals and follow up work from specific Business regions/areas/directorates as applicable.
- Completion of all training provided
- Sit a Technical
Achieve SAP in Overhead, Underground or Combined
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm to a career within electrical power engineering
- Have experience of the working environment and work discipline
- Possess an HNC in an engineering related discipline or equivalent level electrician /mechanical qualification
- Computer literate
- Possession of a full UK driving licence and knowledge of UK Power Networks geographical area
- DNO experience would be advantageous but not essential
- A commitment to Health and Safety having obtained or willing to work towards a Health & Safety qualification
- Must already be in a role which supports the development to a Field Engineer
Aspiration to become a Field Engineer
- Self motivated and committed
- Prepared to develop learning in own time
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills