Bids Sales Jobs Vacancy at Ocs Birmingham
Ocs Birmingham urgently required following position for Bids Sales. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Bids Sales Jobs Vacancy at Ocs Birmingham Jobs Details:
OCS has embarked on a major programme of technology transformation which changes how we deliver and support service delivery to our clients. We are seeking a technically strong, client facing individual to proactively work with bid teams across the organisation to develop proposals for clients that highlight the benefits and opportunities of both our existing and emerging technologies. In addition, you will ensure that the content of OCS bids accurately reflect the current and future capabilities (and associated costs) of OCS technology solutions.
Reporting to the Lead Solutions Architect, you will lead the creation of the technology proposal to support bid documentation for existing and prospective clients across the UK. As well as working closely with the bid teams, you will liaise with the wider IT team to develop proposals that meet client requirements, align to IT strategy and principles, and are scalable, extensible, supported and reusable.
Throughout the end to end bid process, you will respond to technical questions from clients and the bid teams, present and promote these solutions to clients, relay requirements and concerns to the OCS IT team and raise potential risks or issues to minimise potential impacts to enable successful mobilisation on bids won. You will work closely with Solution Architects to align the content of bids to current and future state architectures and identify potential opportunities for innovation. You will also liaise with architects and the wider IT Team to ensure that technology gaps to support bids are fully understood and the associated costs for new capabilities are included within bid costs.
You will create and maintain a portfolio / library of bid collateral related to technology solutions. This portfolio will describe these capabilities to both a technical and non-technical audience, ultimately supporting the bid teams with a common, agreed narrative.
This role requires both bid management experience, a significant amount of technical knowledge, but most of all the ability to collaborate with others whilst aligning client requirements to strategic technology components.
Summary of duties
- Proactively engaging with bid teams to create compelling technology proposals for bid documentation (and manage the sign off process) that demonstrate OCS capability to meet documented client requirements
- Collaborating with the wider IT team as required to ensure alignment to IT strategy, architecture, principles and the on-going service management of proposals
- Creating and maintaining a portfolio of bid collateral for baseline / common solutions and associated costs. Liaise with bid team colleagues to understand common requirements and inform the required content of the portfolio that will support them.
- During negotiations on successful bids, provide a high level overview and indicative timelines to the mobilisation teams, using the technology proposals you developed to support the bids
- Developing relationships with prospects, clients and third parties
- Identifying and managing risks, issues and gaps associated with the bid process. Working with colleagues to address these and escalate where it is necessary to do so
- Providing the wider IT team with a monthly, updated, high level overview of potential bid opportunities with a particular focus on those with greater resource requirements and / or short implementation times in order to minimise issues during service mobilisation.
- Reporting regularly on progress to relevant governance forums and bodies
Must have a good standard of education to at least degree level OR demonstrate equivalent skills and ability.
Extensive experience working in bid management or technical pre-sales with a strong background in technology. Experience of working in a facilities management environment is highly advantageous.
Experience in the following technical areas is also highly advantageous:
- Facilities management applications
- ESBs (Microsoft Azure preferred)
- Electronic forms
- Reporting and analytics
- Mobile applications
- Internet of Things (building management, predictive analytics, big data, real-time monitoring and alerting)
A track record of delivering world class bid solutions within a large, complex commercial operation where flexibility and value for money are key success factors.
- Ability to think strategically and evaluate options in the short, medium and long term
- Ability to cope in a technically complex and fast-changing environment, and to respond calmly and rationally to changing aspirations in a deadline-driven situation
- Ability to develop innovative solutions to client requirements and to bring new ideas to the Architecture team for consideration
- Strong planning and organising skills including the ability to manage several work streams simultaneously
- Excellent documentation skills with the ability to explain complex proposals to a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills with a capacity to present, discuss and explain issues coherently and logically both in writing and verbally
- Good influencing and persuasion skills with the ability to enthuse and inspire multidisciplinary teams and build successful relationships at all levels
- Clear decision-making ability with the facility to judge complex situations and assess when to escalate issues
- Ability to balance conflicting and changing demands through prioritisation and a pragmatic approach
- Good team player, self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Able to resolve differences professionally and effectively when projects are intent on a certain direction that may differ from the architectural vision and roadmap
- Pragmatic in approach and highly delivery focused