Heads Departments Innovate Days Week Jobs Vacancy at Financial Conduct Authority London
Financial Conduct Authority London urgently required following position for Heads Departments Innovate Days Week. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Heads Departments Innovate Days Week Jobs Vacancy at Financial Conduct Authority London Jobs Details:
PA to Head of Department and Technical Head of Department, Innovate (3 days a week Job Share - Wednesday, Thursday and Friday)
The salary for this role will be up to 26,000 to 35,000 GBP plus a competitive benefits package and non-contributory pension.
Background At the FCA, we're creating a fair and more resilient financial system. We're establishing more transparent relationships between financial services and their customers, building trust in financial markets and protecting vulnerable consumers.
The Innovate Department within the Strategy & Competition Division of the FCA has a busy forward agenda. The Department seeks to encourage and support innovative businesses to deliver solutions that could benefit financial users and lead to more effective competition in the UK financial services system. We do this through clarifying regulatory expectations, examining our own rules and processes and providing a test environment ('Regulatory Sandbox') for the most innovative of businesses. Demand from industry continues to grow and our approach is cited as world class, having been emulated by other financial services regulators.
We are currently looking for a Personal Assistant to the Head of Department and part-time Technical Head of Department to fill a part-time vacancy (3 days per week Wed, Thurs and Fri) to job share with the existing permanent Personal Assistant who also works part-time (2 days per week Mon and Tues).
What does this job involve? As part of a job share arrangement you will:
- Provide key day-to-day support and assistance to the Heads of Department, including diary management, email inbox management, and managing and delegating queries received;
- Play a key role in liaising with, organising and co-ordinating the management team - organising operational and discussion meetings, and distributing agendas and papers where appropriate;
- Liaise with external and internal stakeholders in a professional, proactive and responsive manner;
- Support the Heads of department in various initiatives and ad hoc tasks, such as briefings, meeting papers, and presentations;
- Pre-empt and pro-actively following up and resolving ad-hoc issues on behalf of the Head of Department;
- Work alongside the other divisional and departmental PAs and administrators to ensure efficient liaison across the Division, and
- Provide administrative support for ad-hoc projects and work happening across the Department, including away-days, meeting briefings and other support to the team as necessary.
- Work directly with the Heads of Department within a dynamic department
- Establish and build a good network and working relationships with colleagues at all levels within the Strategy & Competition Division
Which minimum, essential & desirable skills are required? Minimum We're a signatory to the Government's Disability Confident scheme. This means that we guarantee an interview to any disabled candidates entering under the scheme, should they meet the minimum criteria for a role.
- Experience of providing administration support to a team or a Personal Assistant.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgement
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience of Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to deliver outcomes to agreed standards and tight deadlines, while being flexible in response to conflicting priorities
- Excellent organisation skills
- Experience of managing busy diaries and email inboxes to a high standard
- Effective interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish, develop and maintain effective relationship with your job share partner and key stakeholders
- Enthusiasm and drive to make the job share arrangement successful and to work as part of the wider team to get things done
- Experience of working as part of a job share arrangement
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders
- Experience within FCA, and a general understanding of the structure of FCA and its objectives
The job family for this role is PBS C. Applications for this role close on 20th Sept 2017.
Selection Process: (could be subject to change)
Stage 1: On-line application, please submit your CV and answer the following application question:
Why do you believe that you are suitable for this role? Please ensure that you specifically relate your answer to the criteria listed in the job advert, covering your relevant skills, technical knowledge and competencies. (Max 300 words)
Applications without the application answer or incomplete responses will not be considered. As part of the online application process, you should submit your CV with the answer to the above application question(s) within the same document.
Stage 2: Screening - your application will then be forwarded to the recruiting managers
Stage 3: Selection & assessment process - this will involve an assessment activity as well as a face-to-face competency based interview
Please contact Bridget.Donkor@fca.org.uk if you have any questions about the role.
This role will be based in London, Canary Wharf, with a planned move in 2018 to a new site in The International Quarter, Stratford .