Wms Warehouse Management System Coordinator Jobs Vacancy at Ikea Peterborough
Ikea Peterborough urgently required following position for Wms Warehouse Management System Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Wms Warehouse Management System Coordinator Jobs Vacancy at Ikea Peterborough Jobs Details:
IKEA is changing into being a Multi-Channel-Retailer. To secure this growth – we need people who are passionate about distribution operations in warehouses, are good communicators and able to translate their knowledge into an excellent system support.
In this job/function you will be part of IWL (In-Warehouse Logistics) within Distribution Services (DS) Central Europe. IWL supports running business within the region, striving towards excellence in operation, in regards of Warehousing system and operational competence. As well IWL supports projects within the region, like system and logistical enhancements.
Purpose of the job
- Dedicated resource to support our internal and from External Service Provider (ESP) operated units in WMS related topics
- Secure the support for availability, configuration and maintenance of all available warehouse management systems in the DS Area to support operations in all Units
- Secure that Logistical and Process development with IWL is well coordinated
- Secure the Distribution Service Area WMS Responsible is supported in driving changes in relation with WMS by the Distribution Centres (DC) and Customer Distribution Centres (CDC)
- Resource for projects/new establishments when WMS competence is required
For you to be successful in the role we believe that:
- You should have proven competence/understanding of (IKEA) Warehousing Systems, Concepts and Processes to increase efficiency and a good understanding of the CDC/DC Business
- You are well used to Microsoft tools (Word, Excel, Power Point, SQL, etc.…)
- You have an education in Logistics/Information Technology and/or equivalent years working experience in a logistic position (preferable in distribution and operations/systems)
- You have proven analytical skills and ability to understand complex scenarios
- You have the ability to develop and communicate the way to approach
- It is necessary to have strong communicative skills and ability to develop relationships
- You are and act self-driven, customer oriented and always striving to reach customer success
- You use creative problem solving skills in conjunction with IKEA’s core values
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken
- You are willing to travel within the DS Central Europe area (Central Europe area consist of the countries DE, CH, AT, NL, BE, UK & IE)
You will be working with the following tasks:
- Support, facilitate training and offer training material for and to local IKEA and ESP WMS Super Users in case of system changes and/or new releases.
- Investigate and discus the need of future training requirements.
- Support any System deployments (implementation of system developments , Release handling or any logistical enhancements where WMS is involved)
- Coordinate with support of IT Helpdesk, and/or offer support related to WMS to Local ESP super users in case of WMS incidents.
- Together with ESP Contract Manager analysing efficiency and availability to support operations.
- Follow up and secure that User management is taken care off, correct WMS setup is in place and WMS system is used according set standards.
- Taking part and support major enhancements, projects and/or new establishments from a WMS perspective on area level, and representing area in global assignments like e.g. Relation Group.
- Perform WMS Review within the CDC/DCs in your area
This position requires work permission for UK and a valid driver licence. In this position you will report to the WMS Responsible DS Central Europe. For any further questions don’t hesitate to contact recruiting manager Hans Vandijck ( firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Please note that this job ad is published separately in Austria, Switzerland, Germany, Belgium/Netherlands and United Kingdom – if you are interested you don’t have to apply several times.