Service Engineer Level Selhurst Repair Shop Jobs Vacancy at Govia Thameslink Railway Selhurst
Govia Thameslink Railway Selhurst urgently required following position for Service Engineer Level Selhurst Repair Shop. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Service Engineer Level Selhurst Repair Shop Jobs Vacancy at Govia Thameslink Railway Selhurst Jobs Details:
We are currently recruiting a Service Engineer - Level 1 to join our already successful Fleet team at Selhurst. This is a great opportunity to develop your Electrical and Mechanical experience in a new engineering environment. Our engineers are constantly supported in their competences and training, so that we produce excellent work. The size of our train fleet requires a complex engineering support organisation to control activities such as maintenance, engineering support and safety.
If you have applied for this role within the last 6 months, please do not re-apply.
Key Role Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Carry out repair work and routine maintenance to specification.
- Carry out fault finding on units.
- Carry out component changes/heavy lift as required.
- Carry out repairs or additional work arising from examination (Mechanical Electrical or Vehicle building).
- Work effectively as part of a team.
- Comply with safety systems and responsibilities.
- Complete paperwork as required.
- Attend failed units outside the depot confines.
- Mentor new entrants.
- Assist as required.
- Must have served an apprenticeship or equivalent skills development programme or have transferable experience in an Engineering field.
- Be physically fit and able to pass a medical to Engineering standard.
- Be able to pass DP Track and PTS course unless specifically exempt.
- Familiar with rolling stock maintained or repaired by Southern.
- Be willing to learn new skills appropriate to train maintenance.
- Teamwork - Interacts with others in a sensitive and effective way, respects and works well with others, creating a sense of team spirit.
- Specialist Knowledge – Understands technical or professional aspects of work and continually maintains technical knowledge.
- Flexibility – Successfully adapts to changing demands, conditions and scenarios.
- Problem Solving - Identifies potential difficulties and their causes. Generates workable solutions and makes rational judgements.
- Action Orientation – Demonstrates a readiness to make decisions, take the initiative and originate action.