Quantity Surveyor Jobs Vacancy at Walter Carefoot Sons Construction Ltd Preston
Walter Carefoot Sons Construction Ltd Preston urgently required following position for Quantity Surveyor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Quantity Surveyor Jobs Vacancy at Walter Carefoot Sons Construction Ltd Preston Jobs Details:
Are you an experienced Quantity Surveyor looking for a new challenge within a dynamic and rewarding company? Keep reading, as we may have the perfect opportunity for you.
Walter Carefoot & Sons (Construction) Ltd is a successful Construction Company who continually strive to be at the forefront of their Industry. We are a regional contractor with many years' experience of working on projects from £750,000.00 through £5M projects.
We operate under a number of Framework Agreements carrying out Partnered Projects for the Public and Private Sector, principally focusing on the Education, NHS, Commercial & Leisure Sectors of the Industry.
We are looking for self-motivated, knowledgeable and talented Quantity Surveyor to join our team in Preston. This role will include travel between sites. Your responsibilities include:
- Effective commercial control of all subcontract packages, including provision of timely and accurate documentation.
- Administration of subcontractor accounts.
- Ensuring procurement of subcontractors and suppliers are undertaken in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Ensuring that payments and notices are issued in accordance with the subcontract & construction act in particular.
- Ensure that all commercial risks during the project are identified and reported to the Commercial Manager.
- Attending project meetings (Design, Pre-order, Internal reporting, Contract progress) and ensure that information and cost advice is provided monthly in an accurate and proficient manner.
- Relevant experience in education, commercial and refurbishment projects with values between £750k to £5m
- Experience of working for a principal contractor.
- Commercial skills to maximise value recovery, cost control and cash management.
- Contractually aware, with a good knowledge of subcontract orders and buying principles.
If you have the right skills and experience to become our Quantity Surveyor, we want to hear from you. Click APPLY!
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.