Assistant Manager Health Economics Financial Advisory London Jobs Vacancy at Deloitte London
- Assistant Manager Health Economics Financial Advisory London
- London ENG
- 17 May, 2018 30+ days ago
Deloitte London urgently required following position for Assistant Manager Health Economics Financial Advisory London. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Assistant Manager Health Economics Financial Advisory London Jobs Vacancy at Deloitte London Jobs Details:
As one of the biggest accounts within the firm, Health is a key priority for Deloitte’s public sector strategy. This is reflected in the fact that we have one of the largest health practices in the UK, with health specialists operating across the breath of the NHS.
Our Healthcare Economics team sits within our Healthcare Financial Advisory business and brings together economists, econometricians and analysts to apply their combined skills to solve healthcare business issues. The work is varied and delivers real value through areas such as regulatory or competition economics, cost & benefits analysis, pricing and profitability analysis, programme evaluation and health system planning. Our technical skills in these areas are combined with Deloitte's deep clinical, operational, financial, strategic and industry understanding to create a potent, and unique, package that can be applied across the spectrum of healthcare advisory services.
Join our highly-regarded health practice as an Assistant Manager in Health Economics and you will have the opportunity to work with a team of industry specialists to address some of the most high profile and challenging issues facing the NHS today. Our team is passionate about the health industry and ensuring that our work has a tangible impact on outcomes for our clients.
As an Assistant Manager within our Health Economics team you will have the opportunity to work on a range of engagements ranging from policy to health systems planning. You will help our health clients to deliver complex, critical engagements often working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, including clinical, operational, financial and strategic skillsets and drawing in technical experts from across the firm in subjects like technology, organisational design and real estate.
As an experienced economist joining the team, you will apply sophisticated economic modelling solutions such as econometrics, financial modelling and simulation modelling to provide valuable insight to a range of clients across the health and social care sector including providers, commissioners, central policy makers. Organisations, regulators and governments look to us to support and challenge their thinking in order to better understand the economic issues impacting the healthcare sector and policies, and your technical expertise will ensure you are seen as a trusted advisor in helping them make crucial business and policy decisions.
As an Economist you will:
- Develop insightful analytical solutions to address a wide range of client issues.
- Be responsible for the delivery of robust analysis using approaches such as econometrics, financial modelling and simulation modelling, using a range of softwares and analytical tools.
- Communicate effectively with clients through presentations, reports and meetings.
- Collaborate with our team of economists and wider health care account within a challenging environment at the leading edge of economic thinking, using your curiosity, economic expertise, and critical thinking to analyse high profile and complex problems facing businesses, regulators and governments.
- Develop a strong understanding and appreciation of the critical issues facing the healthcare sector and a detailed understanding of available data and best practice modelling.
- Engage with clients and strengthen your industry relationships.
- Take responsibility early in your career, including supervising, coaching and mentoring your own teams.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: You will be based in the Deloitte London office, however the role will also involve a significant amount of travel within the UK, and will require the flexibility to meet peaks of work inherent in the cycle of a deal or turnaround. We specify full mobility for our Financial Advisory roles but we make arrangements respectfully.
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is interesting as a permanent role with a degree of flexibility please do discuss with us.
At Deloitte, your colleagues and clients will set the bar high. Therefore, we require more than just a good CV showing strong performance and good academic credentials. We are looking for people who have:
- Professional experience as an economist (minimum 2 years)
- A Master’s Degree (or higher) in economics or econometrics.
- Significant quantitative modelling experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Econometrics and statistics
- Health economics
- Simulation modelling
- Experience in working with large datasets
- Knowledge of two or more of the following: Excel (VBA) R, Python, STATA, SQL
- A proven track record of contributing to effective delivery in a project environment and dedication to delivering high quality results
- The ability to multi-task and appreciation of the commitments to working within an advisory practice
- A logical and methodical approach to analysis and problem solving, with an ability to think laterally
- Good project management skills and an understanding of governance requirements and risks
- A hands-on approach to working with project teams and clients to resolve problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A keen interest and understanding of the NHS, the challenges facing the industry and a willingness to learn more
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction : we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction