Technical Project Manager Jobs Vacancy at Apollo Fire Detectors Havant
Apollo Fire Detectors Havant urgently required following position for Technical Project Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Technical Project Manager Jobs Vacancy at Apollo Fire Detectors Havant Jobs Details:
- Manage multiple projects in parallel involving local and remote resources, from concept to market, ensuring that resources are planned in advance, deployed effectively and prioritised in line with needs of the business.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables to support business objectives in collaboration with product management, senior management and other key stakeholders.
- Establish and gain approval for project budgets, incorporating all internal and external cost elements including approvals. Recommend and fully justify any adjustments where necessary.
- Ensure that project requirements and goals are identified and communicated from the outset and that all team members clearly understand their respective roles and responsibilities.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned task.
- Work closely with Product Management to ensure that product requirements are clear and finalised and business cases are viable and clearly articulated in the Marketing Requirement Specification.
- Develop and regularly maintain fully detailed project plans, reviewing regularly with teams and management to ensure progress against milestones.
- Identify, record and proactively manage/mitigate project risks and issues.
- Chair and minute regular project meetings involving representatives from all key functions across the business.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with all team members and other stakeholders, internal and external.
- Identify and resolve any issues or conflicts within the project team or supporting functions.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Ensure that technical issues are swiftly characterised, documented and appropriately communicated, and that solutions are quickly but methodically developed and proven. Ensure wherever possible that any impact on critical milestones is contained.
- Proactively manage any requested changes in project scope with Product Management and senior management, ensuring that any change is clearly justified with a supporting business case.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Ensure that the Apollo New Product Development process is followed, and be a key player in its evolution.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Deliver all projects to high levels of quality in terms of both internal manufacturing capability, performance and reliability.
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Committed & Confident
- Acceptance of change and respond accordingly
- Acts with Integrity at all times
- Ability to think ‘out of the box’
- Ability to earn respect quickly
- Good conflict management skills
- Ability to understand and stimulate creative input
- Able to work in an organised & efficient manner with a sense of urgency
- Leadership and the ability to provide clear direction and win trust
- Good negotiator
- Good communicator
- Ability to coach others
- Team player
Knowledge & Experience
- Previous experience of working with a strategic approach and the ability to find a balance between the bigger picture and finer detail
- Requirements/Scope Management
- Working to deadlines
- Cost Management
- Process Adherence
- Good understanding and demonstrated experience of applying PM principles
- Ability to understand, simplify and resolve complex issues
- PM Tools & Techniques
- Good industry knowledge and/or ability to accumulate industry knowledge
- Product Life-cycle Management
- Use of project management metrics
- Integrated multi-project resource planning
- Planning and managing software and firmware development activities
- Experience in the development of technically complex electronic products with a software development bias
- Experience of the 'life safety' sector and an understanding of Apollo's product life-cycle and approvals process