Subject Matter Expert Jobs Vacancy at British Council
British Council urgently required following position for Subject Matter Expert. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Subject Matter Expert Jobs Vacancy at British Council Jobs Details:
Please note that in December 2020, the British Council will relocate its new global headquarters: International Quarter, Stratford, London E20.
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts
Context and environment
The Financial Transparency Programme has run from June 2016 and closes at the end of June 2018. This programme has deemed to be of the highest priority by the Chief Financial Officer and other Executive Board members, supported by the Board of Trustees, as the finance systems, processes and organisational design were recognised to be inadequate for an organisation of this size and complexity. The programme has delivered significant changes and improvement in the following areas:
- A step change in the quality of the Finance organisation in the British Council through “Finance owning finance”, global consistency of roles and correctly qualified people undertaking the right tasks, in the right way, in the right place.
- Improved core finance processes (purchase to pay, order to cash, record to report and master data management) incorporating adequate controls and improved governance around the use of SAP
- Improvements in data quality to enable more robust statutory and management reporting
As a result of work on the Financial Transparency Programme, we have gained a much greater understanding of the scale of the required changes and the steps necessary to effectively implement them in their entirety. We consequently now recognise that there are a number of discrete material changes which will need to be undertaken during ‘18/19 and ‘19/20 financial years to deliver a further step change in the quality of the organisation’s financial information. This includes development work with the new finance organisation so that the finance function can take ownership of Finance and work effectively with the wider business.
Role and responsibility
Please refer to the role profile for further information but to summarise a few key points
- You will undertake analysis and create data models for scenario planning to help determine the implications of all the changes in cost reporting being proposed
- You will support decision making with analysis around the implications of FT2’s changes to Master data objects are understood and managed effectively
- You will undertake analysis to ensure that non-financial KPIs are compatible with the financial reporting and meets the needs of the operational teaching and exam businesses
- You will provide meaningful data analysis that is timely, accurate, insightful and actionable and identify any inconsistencies and risks that transpire together with recommendations/solutions
- You will support testing ( both technical and user acceptance testing) as well as issue remediation
Skills and knowledge
To be considered for this role:
- You will have experience of data analysis in a SAP context
- You will have commercial business experience
- You will be a qualified accountant or equivalent
For further information, please see attached the following documents:
British Council Behaviours.pdf
British Council Core Skills FInal.pdf
If you are interested in the post and feel that you are suitable for the role, then we would really like to hear from you. Please apply by Wednesday 30th of May 2018 (23:59 UK Time)