Litigation Officer Jobs Vacancy at Kennedy Recruitment Belfast
Kennedy Recruitment Belfast urgently required following position for Litigation Officer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Litigation Officer Jobs Vacancy at Kennedy Recruitment Belfast Jobs Details:
Vacancy Reference - 13652
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Litigation Officer to be based in Belfast. This is a full time role, and is expected to last 3 months initially. The following duties will be required -
- Support the legal claims process in compliance with court process and through application of the Pre-Action Protocols for Clinical Negligence.
- Ensure prompt receipt of correspondence received from Plaintiff's solicitors and referral of same to the organisations external legal services providers.
- Ensure that documents required for Discovery are provided promptly.
- Collate such information as will assist the organisations Legal Services Manager and Assistant Medical Director (Clinical Negligence) in determining the validity of a given claim.
- Seek information/documentation from appropriate staff within the organisation in relation to ongoing claims and verify content of same before referring onwards to the external legal services providers.
- Ensure that all files in the post-holder's control are kept under regular review so that information is forwarded to the organisations external legal services providers in the shortest time possible and that proactive measures are taken, in keeping with the Department's Escalation Policy, to obtain information when it is not forthcoming.
- Act as point of contact in arranging consultations for organisation staff with external legal services providers - solicitors and barristers - in relation to cases that are approaching hearing.
- Please note a full job description is available on request.
- NVQ Level 4 or equivalent and 1 year's secretarial/administrative experience at Band 3 level or equivalent
- 3 years' secretarial/administrative experience within the last 5 years at Band 3 level or equivalent.
- RSA Stage II Typing or RSA Stage II Word-processing, or equivalent qualification.
- English Language GCSE O Level (Grade A-C)
- Experience of arranging meetings/consultations and of taking minutes at same.
- Excellent organisational skills, including a high level of accuracy and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Effective communication skills.
- Experience in using information management systems including Datix, PAS and BOIS
- Experience in the administration of legal work.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite packages.
- A knowledge of medical terminology.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.