Data Analyst Financial Decisions And Analysis Senior Associate Jobs Vacancy at Pwc London
- Data Analyst Financial Decisions And Analysis Senior Associate
- London ENG
- 14 Jan, 2018 7 days ago
Pwc London urgently required following position for Data Analyst Financial Decisions And Analysis Senior Associate. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Data Analyst Financial Decisions And Analysis Senior Associate Jobs Vacancy at Pwc London Jobs Details:
About the team
Financial Decisions and Analysis (FDnA) is one of our highest growth teams, having doubled in size over the last 4 years. We focus on the application of leading edge modelling and analytical techniques to help clients make good decisions and solve problems. We work on some of the most high profile deals in the market, across a wide range of clients and sectors.
We are now looking to recruit a number of Senior Associates to join our high performing team and support our continued growth. We are looking for people with a commercial mind-set who can quickly get to the crux of business issues and deliver commercially “game changing” insight to our clients, enhancing the Deal value through compelling analysis.
Every assignment is different, but we broadly define our offering under the key headings;
• Deal Analytics - increasing confidence in the deal by developing deal models, deal analytics or restructuring modelling
• CFO Office - delivering insight and increasing transparency through strategic planning, short term forecasting and dynamic board reporting
• CEO Office - delivering value creation opportunities using intelligent analytics eg product profitability, pricing, sales force effectiveness and strategic option analysis
About the role
As a Senior Associate, you will be supporting a broad range of analytical assignments, stretching yourself across many different industry sectors and engaging directly with the senior management team and investors of our clients.
Your first assignment may be working with CFOs or CEOs of leading PE backed or FTSE listed businesses to:
• Support investors secure their funding needs on a high profile acquisition
• Assess shareholder return by implementing rapid analytics to assess the value drivers of the target business
• Guide management’s pricing decisions by evaluating the impact of price on margins and volume
• Understand the performance of different customers and products by applying techniques such as cohort analysis and clustering
Your responsibilities will include but may not be limited to:
• Clear and concise communication of complex concepts and their business benefits to internal and external senior management, from a range of backgrounds and business areas, to help clients make robust, evidence based decisions;
• Working in multidisciplinary teams directly with our clients to use data analysis, visualisation and modelling to support the Deal process;
• Designing processes to collect or extract data from disparate information streams (e.g.from client systems, transactional data, management reports) and the ability to connect the dots and turn them into structured, consistent datasets which can be analysed to create engaging and insightful outputs for our clients;
• Developing statistical models or algorithms which help solve Deals clients’ business issues in a way which complements traditional analysis;
• Researching new products and tools, and implementing suitable techniques to solve the specific client problem and deal with potential data availability, quality or accuracy;
• Drafting reports and presentations and using data visualisation to explain findings.
If you are naturally inquisitive, have an analytical mind and enjoy solving problems in a rigorous and logical manner, for a variety of different businesses then this is the role for you. You will be engaging directly with senior members of our clients, solving their business problems and helping them generate value.
To be considered you must have a minimum of a 2:1 degree in a technical or analytical based subject (e.g. Maths, Computational Sciences, Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Accounting and Finance etc). or equivalent
You will need significant experience demonstrating a number of the following skills:
• Exceptional analytical and technical aptitude, possess both financial and commercial acumen and enjoy problem solving to understand the drivers of a business, analyse their data and use this to provide insight and advice to our clients;
• Have an entrepreneurial mindset and self starter mentality, and be comfortable with a degree ambiguity with little supervision to come up with creative solutions to complex problems and develop these ideas into structured deliverable projects;
• The ability to manage time, prioritise tasks, self review your work and produce deliverables of a high quality under tight client deadlines in time pressured environments;
• A strong desire to acquire and share technical knowledge with colleagues and clients, and proven experience of doing this in your previous role;
• Passion for technology and new tools and applying and developing yourself to new areas (e.g. quickly getting up to speed with tools, analytical approaches and business challenges);
• Build collaborative working relationships at all levels, establishing credibility both internally and externally.
• Practical experience of applying analytical techniques and interpreting their outcomes, for example:
- Descriptive Analytics - multivariate regression, logistic regression, cluster analysis, factor analysis, ANOVA, dimensionality reduction, natural language processing, time series decomposition, spatial analysis;
- Predictive Analytics - simulation, regression, time series modelling, classification
- Prescriptive Analytics - Optimisation, Scenario modelling, operational research
• Understanding of common data quality problems and coming up with ideas of solving these;
• Experience with data management, cleansing, querying and data manipulation / database tools such as SQL on high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources;
• Data visualisation;
• Experience with a number of the following tools: Alteryx, Tableau, Qlikview, Power BI, HTML5, D3, R, SPSS, SAS, Python;
The following skills are also desirable:
• Ability to deliver rapid, pragmatic, value orientated advice and tools in a consulting environment;
• Experience with assisting business development activities through working on bids and proposal responses;
• Experience working in a Deal environment;
• An understanding of basic accounting principles; there may be an option for a follow-up financial qualification once in the role.
Additional Info: This position can be based in London, Leeds, Birmingham or Manchester