Biology Educational Writer Jobs Vacancy at Zigzag Education Bristol
Zigzag Education Bristol urgently required following position for Biology Educational Writer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Biology Educational Writer Jobs Vacancy at Zigzag Education Bristol Jobs Details:
Pay from £17,645 to £18,598 per annum pro-rata (depending on
qualifications and experience)*
Full time, fixed term contract (6+ months)
This is an opportunity for Biology graduates with a passion for
education to share their knowledge and enthusiasm for the study
of Science through a paid position writing and technically
checking educational resources that our customers – teachers
throughout the UK – will use in their class to teach GCSE and A
What you will achieve:
- Published material that will help future learners succeed in their qualifications
- Experience in publishing and education sectors
- Develop research and planning skills to a specific project brief
- Familiarisation of teaching requirements set by examination boards for GCSE and A level
- Develop your teaching skills by gaining practise in structuring lessons, communicating theory and covering unit specifications
- Opportunity to develop own resource ideas
- A detailed knowledge of A Level and GCSE level Biology
- An ability to adapt and improve methods of working so that any mistakes identified are not repeated!
- An ability to communicate effectively, concisely – to write with flair and enthusiasm for your subject
*To qualify for the higher salary rate you must have 3A*s at A Level and a 1st class degree in the subject, or a completed PGCE, or at least a year’s full-time experience writing similar educational materials.
6 month initial contract starting ASAP. There is a strong possibility of further publishing opportunities for the right candidate – including writing, checking and/or editorial work. 3-month probationary period.
Skills & Qualifications Essential Skills and Experience
- A strong interest in the subject area, backed up with an excellent academic record
- Strong research and analysis skills; attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, and to communicate ideas and knowledge with clarity
- Ability to write in a creative, yet clear and coherent style
- Degree in Biology (2:1 or higher)
- Minimum of 2 As at A Level
- Grade A in A Level Chemistry and Biology
- Grade A or A* in GCSE Science (Double award or single sciences)
- PGCE and/or teaching experience
- Experience of writing in a professional context, e.g. freelance educational writing