Transport Planner Jobs Vacancy at Dfds Grimsby
Dfds Grimsby urgently required following position for Transport Planner. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Transport Planner Jobs Vacancy at Dfds Grimsby Jobs Details:
To over 8,000 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping & port terminal services, and transport & logistics solutions.
For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services.
Our 7,000 employees are located on ships and in offices across 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen.
Who are we… DFDS Logistics operates in over 20 countries inside Europe, using 3000 trailers, 3000 containers, 750 swap bodies and 300 trucks to ensure excellent customer service. People matter and we continuously seek to attract, develop and retain employees to enforce our position as an industry leader.
The Role… We are looking to hire a proficient Transport Planner at DFDS Logistics Services Ltd based in Grimsby, for a start in the New Year. The role is to deliver a high quality service to our clients at all times through good control of the haulage fleet. This person should be dynamic and conscientious with a high focus on delivering a good customer service at all times as well as constant monitoring of costs.
Hours of work will be 48 hours per week, Monday to Friday; a high degree of flexibility will be required, and a shift pattern may be considered should operations required. It is a desirable that the ideal candidate holds a CPC.
Principle responsibilities and activities:
- This role entails being a member of a team controlling approximately 90 trucks/ drivers. Excellent communication skills are a must.
- Making sure that the agreed Service Level to our clients is delivered day in day out.
- Ensure that all documentation and/or reports related to all shipments is dealt with accordingly.
- Liaise with drivers and all other operatives in the chain, co-ordinate their requirements and deal with any queries
- Monitor delivery/collection schedules with drivers to identify problems
- Ensure drivers keep within current legislative guidelines and are compliant with EC legislation.
- Ensure that traffic sheets are accurately maintained.
- To be available outside office hours for urgent calls and to assist in the solving of problems during this time.
- Expected to cover any shift requirements as necessary.
- Strong computer skills will be required.
- To undertake relevant training as appropriate.
- Strong Teamwork with other colleagues to make sure that all deliveries and collections are effected in a timely manner
- And anything else that may be required from time to time by management.
What we do for you… We offer you an interesting workplace and a key role in a growing international company. You will get to work with many different professional groups. For the right candidate there will be great opportunities for professional growth.