Public Health Analyst Jobs Vacancy at Public Health England Liverpool
Public Health England Liverpool urgently required following position for Public Health Analyst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Public Health Analyst Jobs Vacancy at Public Health England Liverpool Jobs Details:
Public Health England provides strategic leadership and vision for protecting and improving the nationâs health. Â Its ambition is to lead nationally and enable locally a transformation in the health expectations of all people in England regardless of where they live and the circumstance of their birth. It will achieve this through the application of research, knowledge and skills.
Public Health England is an executive agency of the Department of Health and Social Care. It is a distinct delivery organisation with operational autonomy to advise and support Government, local authorities and the NHS in a professionally independent manner.
You will be part of a dynamic team responsible for delivering an effective knowledge and intelligence service supporting public health delivery.Â The role of the Risk Factors Intelligence (RFI) function is to provide analysis which improves our understanding of health and the factors which influence health.Â Working with colleagues across RFI your role will be to take responsibility for delivering high quality analyses and a responsive knowledge and intelligence service.
The postholder will be able / required to:
Undertake complex analysis, presentation and interpretation of information to support the functions carried out by RFI.
- Analyse and interpret complex data including trends in disease incidence, mortality and hospital admissions.
- Exercise judgement in interpreting statistics appropriately, especially where the data indicates a negative or contentious situation.
- Introduce, adapt and improve information systems within own area.
- Investigate data anomalies identified during analyses, instigating corrective action as required.
- Develop standard database queries and spreadsheets to undertake routine analysis.
- Take a lead with identified stakeholders to develop an awareness of information needs and priorities.
- Communicate analytical / statistical matters to non-analytical / statistical professionals.
- Present, when appropriate, findings of own analyses to internal and external colleagues.
- Provide advice on statistical techniques to be used.
As part of the interview process, we will also test against the Government Statistical Service competency framework.Â This will be done by:
- an online statistical test;
- interview questions testing competence against the GSS competency framework, covering technical competency and experience of applying statistical techniques; and
- a practical interpretation/dissemination test.
Open to all external applicants (anyone) from outside the Civil Service (including by definition internal applicants).
Applicants are strongly advised to use the criteria in the person specification (available online) as sub-headings in their application to make it clear how they meet each of the selection criteria. Public Health England promotes diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunities employer.