Assistant Engineer Highways Jobs Vacancy at Skanska
Skanska urgently required following position for Assistant Engineer Highways. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Assistant Engineer Highways Jobs Vacancy at Skanska Jobs Details:
Assistant Engineer (Highways)
Requisition ID : INF000075
Infrastructure Services - Somserset - Highways
We are looking for an Assistant Highways (Engineer) to join our highways team in Somerset.
Our Somerset Term Maintenance Contract requires a Highway Maintenance Designer to undertake design and other technical input on a wide portfolio of highway maintenance schemes. Reporting to our Senior Engineer you will join a collaborative team providing a first-rate design service for our Client.
- Undertake designs, drawings, specifications, bills of quantities and supporting site and works information, pre-construction environmental checks and safety plans, technical reports and other technical output to achieve the requirements of our Client’s briefs.
- Organise and undertake site visits and surveys as necessary to ensure Brief and Design meet client requirments.
- Use of survey equipment to carry out topographic surveys for schemes and interpretation of survey information into a scheme design.
- Designing and utilising software such as AutoCAD, Key Lines, Key Signs as appropriate.
- Undertake and communicate Designer’s health and safety risk assessments.
- Compile works specification, drawings and bill of quantities.
- Ensure work is undertaken in compliance with internal quality standards and processes.
- Ensure work is undertaken in compliance with Health & Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Relevant experience in design and construction in the highway sector including drainage, pavement and alignment design.
- Competence in use of topographic survey equipment and interpreting survey information in design.
- A commercial awareness in the delivery of projects.
- Extensive experience of Highways Agency standards such as the DMRB and MCDHW.
- Previous experience of utilising design software such as AutoCAD, Key Lines, Key Signs etc.
A career with us means you’ll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic, we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska. Make your next career move with us.
Job Design, Engineering, Technology, Research and Development
Primary Location GB-ENG-Somerset
Organization Skanska UK PLC
Employee Status Regular/Permanent
Please apply before : Oct 15, 2017, 11:59:00 PM Drugs and Alcohol Policy