Personal Assistant Fdr Litigation Jobs Vacancy at Mishcon Reya Llp London
Mishcon Reya Llp London urgently required following position for Personal Assistant Fdr Litigation. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Personal Assistant Fdr Litigation Jobs Vacancy at Mishcon Reya Llp London Jobs Details:
Founded by Victor Mishcon in a one-room office in Brixton in 1937 we now have offices in London and New York, employ more than 700 people, with over 400 lawyers offering a wide range of legal services to companies and individuals. In every area of the law that we operate, Mishcon de Reya prides itself in providing a best in class service to its clients. Specifically we offer the following legal services: corporate; dispute resolution; employment; family; private client; and real estate. An entrepreneurial spirit - where candour and involvement are key - characterises our ability to develop and execute the strategies required to achieve our clients’ goals in all these areas. We are an independent firm with an international footprint that extends far beyond our offices in London and New York.
Mishcon de Reya LLP has one of the largest and most comprehensive Dispute Resolution offerings in London; over half of the Firm's lawyers are litigators. From a core of Fraud litigators we have built a team that covers most major areas of the Dispute Resolution world including: Business Crime, Insolvency, Tax, Competition and Anti-Trust, International Arbitration, Intellectual Property and Fraud Defence. Each dispute requires a bespoke solution, sometimes aggressive, sometimes measured. We fight our client’s corner: we take ownership of our client's dispute so that we can resolve it as effectively as possible. We fiercely guard our clients' interests.
- To provide all aspects of general administrative support including, but not limited to, diary management, travel planning, expenses, maintenance of calendars and contact lists, management of client files and folders, filing, photocopying, arranging couriers and updating contacts on Interaction.
- Proactive and advance monitoring of fee earner diaries, reminding fee earners of diary commitments and taking responsibility for ensuring that they have all supporting paperwork and information for each meeting or appointment.
- Plan, coordinate, schedule internal/external meetings and conference calls (UK and overseas).
- Dealing with telephone enquiries, managing client enquiries/requests for meetings and taking accurate messages and passing them on promptly or trying to assist and responding on behalf of the fee-earner, if appropriate.
- Overseeing and prioritising incoming email, post and voicemail when fee earners are out of the office, acknowledging receipt and responding on behalf of the fee-earner, if appropriate.
- Dealing with all internal and external clients in a timely, professional and courteous manner.
- Prepare and type, proofread and amend documents, either from dictation, general instruction or by personal drafting. Documents will include letters, reports, attendance notes, memos, faxes, and emails, ensuring that all copies (electronic and paper) are retained and filed accurately.
- Preparing presentation slides and materials for internal/external meetings and seminars in the Firm's house style.
- Create files and manage the filing system for fee earners (paper and electronic) by ensuring all relevant documents are sorted and accurately filed regularly. When required, the management of closed files, ensuring, these are effectively archived.
- Assist with maintaining routine billing records, prepare billing guides and assist with the monthly billing process.
- Opening and closing of files including completing conflict checks, preparation of client engagement letters, collating all the relevant information required and updating client files regularly.
- Checking accounts system for monies on account and whether bills have been paid.
- Liaising with support departments to resolve problems on fee-earner's behalf, taking ownership of the issue and following up where appropriate.
- Proactively managing all tasks related to administrative support using initiative and common sense ensuring a responsive stance on all matters.
- Liaise with BD to prepare BD diary and group marketing lists.
- Providing assistance to other Partners and fee earners during the absence of other secretaries/PPAs in the team, as and when required.
- Strong PA/secretarial skills;
- A positive "can do" attitude;
- A willingness to take on additional tasks and assist others when required;
- Ability to work with people of all levels of the business and handle all responsibilities with a high level of diplomacy and professionalism;
- Excellent organisational and communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- An ability to work under pressure, prioritise, multitask and balance various work requests;
- A self-starter with a team focussed approach;
- MS Office package knowledge is required specifically PowerPoint, Excel & Word.