Senior Service Manager Jobs Vacancy at Barclays London
Barclays London urgently required following position for Senior Service Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Service Manager Jobs Vacancy at Barclays London Jobs Details:
Senior Service Manager
As a Barclays Senior Service Manager, you will be working within a new, dynamic and growing team within Barclays Business Banking. You will play a key role in building and driving the strategy for implementing structural reform and will take a lead in partnering with both internal stakeholders (Group wide) and external providers (3rd Party Suppliers) to manage, govern and oversee all Business Banking supplier relationships. You will also play a key role in helping Business Banking achieve its primary objective of improving customer experience.
Business Banking is a strategically critical business unit for Barclays UK, generating well over £1bn in revenue at a cost/income ratio below 50%, and with returns over 20%. It is also crucial to the UK economy – supporting over 100k start-up businesses per year, providing c. 20% of all SME lending in the UK, and banking over 800k small business and community accounts.
Business Banking develop, manufacture and deliver all key banking services to UK small businesses that turn over between £0 and £6.5m, and also support higher turnover businesses in key segments such as Agriculture. Our aim to be the leading business bank in the UK in terms of client satisfaction, by delivering a proposition built upon deep client relationships supported by market leading digital processes.
As a Senior Service Manager, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Supporting the Service Management Director to oversee the delivery of the Structural Reform Programme across the relevant functions
- Leading on and actively inputting into the design, development and maintenance of all intra-group commercial agreements between Business Banking and other parts of the Barclays Group
- Leading the longer term on-going management, governance and oversight of all Business Banking supplier relationships (both internal and external)
- Overseeing the performance of service providers, including assessing cost, SLA and control performance and for assuring that remediation actions are taken
- Supporting the business in driving changes to existing services to meet future demands and strategies, including ensuring capacity and forecasting processes are fit for purpose
- Advising the Service Management Director and Business Banking Executive Committee on performance against all material outsourcing arrangements
- Identifying opportunities for improving customer and client experience, improved control environment or optimising cost base
As a Senior Service Manager, your skills and qualifications will include:
- Advanced negotiation skills, ideally gained in a challenging and complex environment and with multiple parties involved
- Excellent stakeholder management, influencing and communication skills, including experience in achieving deliverables through working and influencing peers and senior management in a global organisation
- Being customer centric with a strong commercial knowledge of the banking industry, including customer and product groups and of the requirements of the Structural Reform Programme
- Proposition design and delivery - experience in end to end proposition design, requirements definition, delivery and launch
- A working knowledge of profit & loss (P&L) and the key drivers of profitability and risk within banking products is desirable, alongside knowledge of the competitive landscape
- A proven ability to lead successful initiatives that enhance the customer and colleague experience, ideally leadership in transformation in high risk programmes
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
We will consider applications from job share applicants
Ready to apply?
There are up to five stages to our application process:
1. Application: On your application we'll ask for information like your contact details, education and work experience. You’ll also be required to upload a CV, so it's a good idea to have it ready.
2. Online Assessment: We'll then ask you to complete an online assessment exercise which we will send to you via email. Our assessments are carefully designed to measure the skills and capabilities necessary to be successful in our roles, but they'll also provide you with some insight into what our roles entail.
3. Application Review: We will review your application along with your responses to the online assessment exercise. Depending on the type of role you are applying for, we may contact you to arrange a brief telephone interview to discuss your experience in more detail.
4. Interview: If your application is progressed, we'll invite you to attend a face-to-face interview. We want you to be free to choose an interview time that suits you, so we'll provide some options and ask you to select your preferred timeslot.
5. Outcome: We will keep you updated throughout the process. If you attend an interview, we'll be in touch within five working days of all interviews being completed to advise you of the outcome.
Visit our website for tips and advice on each stage www.jobs.barclays.co.uk/advice or click below to apply now.
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.