Bistro Assistant Weekends Jobs Vacancy at Carebase Chelmsford
Carebase Chelmsford urgently required following position for Bistro Assistant Weekends. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Bistro Assistant Weekends Jobs Vacancy at Carebase Chelmsford Jobs Details:
Join a rewarding company as part of the team at Cherry Wood Grange, our new care home opening in Autumn 2017
- To set up and maintain the Bistro Service daily
- Welcome Guests, Residents and Club Members to the Bistro
- Assist with preparation of Snacks such as Salads, Baked potatoes, Paninis, sandwiches, baguettes for residents and guests be aware of any specific food requirements and ensure everyone is treated with respect, dignity and given choice
- To understand and comply with statutory and legal requirements such as HACCP, Health & Safety, COSHH, Environmental Health, to maintain a safe environment throughout the home.
- To clean and tidy all areas of the Bistro with the correct products following instruction and guidance contained in the cleaning schedules ensuring the Bistro is always cleaned to the highest standards.
- Ensure that all catering equipment is in full, safe working order, immediately report any faults to the Maintenance Personal and / or lifestyle co-ordinator
- Replenish with new stock, store appropriately and rotate current stock correctly to maintain optimum freshness of all foodstuff.
- To work as an integral part of the team, contribute to meetings and training sessions as required ensuring that the Bistro is a friendly and supportive working environment.
- Accept and take bookings ,liaising with lifestyle co-ordinator and Chef
- Adhere to all Carebase Policies and Procedures maintaining professional interactions with all residents, guests, colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Manage all financial transactions in line with Carebase financial policies and procedures maintaining diligence, honesty and integrity, recording orders accurately on the till processing card and cash payments.
- Assist the lifestyle team with any Functions and activities held / booked within the home
- Support other colleagues in the home at peak times and as the need requires to ensure a first class customer experience.
- Respond positively to feedback from customers, alerting complaints to the Manager
This is a team role, fundamentally within the Bistro but also with the rest of the Care Home team and the residents themselves. Communication is essential in order to plan and provide a first class customer service experience through provision of Snacks and Drinks that are nutritious, interesting and which meet the expectations of the residents.
- Care & Compassion for every life we touch.
- Respect & Appreciation for each other.
- Teamwork & Enjoyment in working together.
- Focus & Discipline on improving the quality of care.
- Creativity & Innovation to develop effective solutions.
- Honesty & Integrity in all dealings.
- Sustainably fulfil the Carebase Mission and Vision by building a strong financial
Mandatory training is up to date and personal responsibility for training and development as and when required. Results and feedback for Home inspections.
Basic Food Hygiene.
Ability to use and maintain essential catering and cleaning products.
Knowledge of basic food preparation, stock control and rotation.
Good communication skills.
Practical and organized.
Reliable and punctual.
Excellent personal hygiene.
Friendly, helpful “can do” attitude
A clear Enhanced DBS necessary.