Editor Senior Jobs Vacancy at Oxford University Press Oxford
Oxford University Press Oxford urgently required following position for Editor Senior. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Editor Senior Jobs Vacancy at Oxford University Press Oxford Jobs Details:
The purpose of the role is to commission, coordinate and manage the development of content that supports the teaching and learning of English more effectively than our competitors. Working as part of our dynamic editorial team, the Senior Editor will ensure that content is developed according to best practice, is delivered to agreed publishing dates, specifications and budget, and is consistent the global Secondary and wider ELT divisional strategy.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Commission projects within agreed parameters.
- Brief and work with writers on major projects, taking responsibility for the overall development of content in order to maximize the educational effectiveness and appropriateness for the intended market.
- Under the guidance of senior editorial colleagues, conceptualize components related to key titles to ensure they embed unique selling points and meet customer and market needs.
- Work collaboratively with the cross-functional team on project requirements, and approve solutions to ensure they are appropriate and pedagogically effective.
- Work collaboratively to conduct customer and market research at various stages of product development to ensure differentiation from competitors.
- Establish and manage project schedules, coordinating with the writers and with the cross-functional team to ensure that projects are published according to agreed budgets, specifications and publishing dates.
- Under the guidance of senior editorial colleagues, prepare and manage budgets as appropriate.
- Identify continuous improvement and innovation opportunities and work with colleagues to ensure that new processes, workflows, systems and lessons learned are implemented effectively.
About you The ideal candidate will have:
- editorial experience in educational publishing in both digital and print contexts
- experience of successfully commissioning and managing multi-component projects
- a critical approach to analysing materials, based on a good understanding of teacher and learner needs
- experience of using market research to shape and develop content
- a good eye for detail, and excellent communication and organizational skills
- an ability to develop strong working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- a good honours degree or equivalent.
- Ideally some EFL teaching experience or a recognised ELT qualification
Salary Competitive salary depending on skills & experience