Financial Crime Support Specialist Jobs Vacancy at Rbs Edinburgh
Rbs Edinburgh urgently required following position for Financial Crime Support Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Financial Crime Support Specialist Jobs Vacancy at Rbs Edinburgh Jobs Details:
Join us as a Financial Crime Support Specialist in Edinburgh
- This is a chance to make a huge difference to our customers during some of their most difficult times – when they’ve been victims of fraud
- You’ll work with customers over the telephone, giving them essential support and dealing with a wide range of fraud queries
- You’ll be joining a department that puts real emphasis on your development, making this a great place to grow your career
What you'll do
In Fraud & Chargeback Operations, the things that make a difference to our customers are what we do everyday. We’re there to help them when our customers lose money to fraud, and support them when they are in disputes with retailers. You'll be at the forefront of protecting our customers and the bank from fraudsters. You’ll be making the difference, speaking to customers over the telephone, and helping them find the right solution through outstanding service. To succeed in this role, you will:
- Build a trusting relationship with your customer on every call you take, listening carefully and asking the right questions
- Understand the customers’ needs and concerns, and resolve them efficiently and effectively
- Build and maintain a broad awareness of the techniques fraudsters use
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with a natural flair and genuine desire for helping customers, using a full range of investigative tools. You’ll have a creative approach to problem solving, will be passionate about preventing fraud, and eager to develop your knowledge and skills. We’ll also be looking for:
- Great interpersonal skills, with the ability to build personal credibility, and engage with your stakeholders on often sensitive issues
- A keen eye for detail, allowing you to identify potential risks to the bank and our customers
- The ability to manage multiple tasks at once, and to work well under pressure
What else you'll need to know
We’re here for our customers, whatever the time of day or night, so you’ll need to be flexible in working a shift patterns.
Your hours of work can likely to be up until midnight, and will include working weekends and Bank Holidays. We’ll discuss your hours in more detail with you during your interview stage.
How we'll reward you
You’ll start on a competitive reward package of £20,250. Your package includes the chance to join our retirement saving plan, and to choose whatever protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras you want from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Depending on the working hours you may also get a shift allowance on top of your salary.
You will have a generous holiday entitlement of 33 days – and will be working bank holidays dependant on your shift patterns.
For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.