Social Media Volunteer London Jobs Vacancy at Amnesty International London
Amnesty International London urgently required following position for Social Media Volunteer London. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Social Media Volunteer London Jobs Vacancy at Amnesty International London Jobs Details:
Eastern Europe and Central Asia (EECA) - Social Media Volunteer
We are looking for a volunteer to support Regional Content Manager in the Eastern Europe and Central Asia Regional Office for 2 or 3 days per week for a minimum of 3 months.
Voluntary work at Amnesty International provides valuable experience in a professional environment. We will provide the volunteer with regular feedback, evaluation and work references. However, please note that volunteering does not lead directly to employment with Amnesty International. Voluntary work is unpaid, although travel and lunch expenses are provided.
Languages required: Excellent spoken and written English and Russian is required. Knowledge of other regional languages such as Azeri, Armenian, Kyrgyz, Kazakh, Turkmen, Tadjik or Uzbek is desirable.
Brief description of the team:
The Eastern Europe Regional Office is a team of Regional Researchers, Campaigners, Media and Content Managers, Programme Coordinator and Assistants based in London, Moscow and Kyiv. We work on the following countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Belarus, Ukraine, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
Role profile of the volunteer:
- To support creation, management and dissemination of multimedia content via social networks, blogs and other digital channels operated by the EECA regional office at Amnesty International.
- To contribute to campaigning in the above mentioned countries.
The successful volunteer would be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- To support Regional Content Manager regarding creation, curation and dissemination of content to Amnesty EECA social media channels (such as Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
- To support Regional Content Manager in developing engagement initiatives and social content, helping grow Amnesty’s regional audience.
- To support Regional Content Manager in providing regular social media data & insights analysis.
- To manage Amnesty EECA social channel’s calendar.
- To monitor conversations and trends on social media and draft responses when appropriate.
- To work with Regional Content Manager to implement and uphold channel strategies
- To provide basic research and campaign support (searching for relevant information from existing files, internet and other sources);
- To work with databases;
- To prepare short translations when needed;
- Monitoring developments, press and other documents.
- Assisting in communications with EECA comms’ contacts by email, by letter and by telephone.
Essential skills and experience
- Experience in using social networks within an organizational context
- Ability to communicate organizational matters through social media channels in a timely manner and language appropriate to the medium
- Ability to communicate in English and Russian (oral and in writing) and to tailor communications to specific audiences
- Interest and knowledge of the sub-region, and an awareness of the social, political, human rights developments and security considerations
- Broad understanding of the nature of human rights concerns in the sub-region
Desirable Skills and experience
- Ability to work with video/photo editing software such as Adobe Creative Suite;
- Ability to communicate in one of the regional languages;
- Ability to work with individuals from a variety of cultures and backgrounds in a sensitive manner;
- Ability to use sound judgment, initiative, tact and diplomacy when required;
- Commitment to working in a multi-cultural and diverse environment;
- Understanding of equal opportunity principles and commitment to apply them in daily work;
- Commitment to work within AI’s mandate;
- Appreciation of the importance of confidentiality and security in AI’s work.