Support Worker Day Centre Willerby Road Jobs Vacancy at Your Life Kingston upon Hull
Your Life Kingston upon Hull urgently required following position for Support Worker Day Centre Willerby Road. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Support Worker Day Centre Willerby Road Jobs Vacancy at Your Life Kingston upon Hull Jobs Details:
Support Worker Maternity cover
An opportunity has arisen within our passionate and dedicated organisation for an experienced support worker to work within our day centre located on Willerby road. This post is on a temporary contract to cover maternity leave for 12 months.
Post start date: 26th February 2018.
Your Life is a well established and reputable care provider in Hull. We strive to provide a person centred service supporting adults with learning disabilities to achieve goals and live life to the fullest. We work alongside Hull City Council and various health care professionals to support individuals in the best possible way. We are inspired by the people we support to provide an excellent and quality service.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for strong and motivated characters to support individuals with varying needs in all aspects of daily life . The successful candidates will be confident with the ability to work effectively on their own and within a group.
- The ideal candidate must be available to work flexibly over days and weekends.
- Be willing and able to travel to pick clients up from home in the mornings and drop them off home at the end of the day.
- Have experience of working with adults with learning disabilities, autism, Downs Syndrome, ADHD, Epilepsy and other varying needs. Previous experience of working with people with people with challenging behaviour would be advantageous.
- Must be able to travel to our Willerby road unit/offices to cover shifts if needed and for training and meetings.
- Have the common sense and the aptitude required to support individuals in all aspects of daily life, including but not limited to personal care, domestic tasks, social activities, medication administration and attending appointments.
- Have the ability to work confidently on their own and effectively as a team member.
- Have an NVQ 2, care certificate or be working towards.
A full clean UK driving licence with access to own vehicle and business Insurance for the purpose of work would be extremely advantageous to the ideal candidates.
All successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS (which must be suitable to enable you to support vulnerable adults) and must provide 2 satisfactory employer references.
Job Type: Full time
Salary: £7.50 /hour
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: £7.50 /hour
- Kingston upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
- Support Environment: 1 year
Required licence or certification:
- NVQ Level 2 Health & Social Care