Software Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Perkinelmer Seer Green
Perkinelmer Seer Green urgently required following position for Software Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Software Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Perkinelmer Seer Green Jobs Details:
The R&D group in Seer Green consists of 8 people who are
focused on the development of scientific
instrumentation. We are a multi-disciplinary team that
historically have been more research oriented focusing
primarily on concept generation for new products. We
wish to grow the team and expand our activities to
include product design and development for manufacture
at our factory in Wales. There will also be an element
of support for ongoing manufacture.
The instrumentation is mainly opto-mechanical and
opto-electronic in nature and uses built in firmware to
manage these mechanisms and deliver sampled data to a PC
for further processing and display. Much of the PC
software has been developed over the last 30 years and
is written in a variety of languages.
We wish to recruit a software engineer with several
years of experience in C/C++/C# with a scientific
background in physics, mathematics or chemistry although
other scientific disciplines will be considered. They
will operate in a multidisciplinary project team being
able to extend our existing platforms with new product
designs, support hardware engineers to provide tools to
test new features, work on algorithms to turn data into
information and write manufacturing test software to
guarantee product quality and operational excellence.
- To be able to translate user requirements into
timelines and schedules for the specifications and
deliver software that meets those specifications in
a timely manner.
- Work within our structured development process.
- To write code to take data from a variety of
scientific insight and diagnostic information. The
code may be customer facing or focussed on enabling
the team to test ideas and equipment.
- To work within the existing application frameworks
- To understand how to test our scientific instruments
performance criteria and to work with manufacturing
to write software that provide tools for component
and sub-assembly testing plus automated fully
- Work with manufacturing to provide guidance,
- To develop algorithms that enhance the capabilities
- To undertake software troubleshooting including both
- Be willing to work at multiple software levels from
software development in C/C++.
- To document and conduct planning, technical and bug
test results. Write and present technical project
- Responsible for product performance and quality.
- At least 3 years commercial software experience on a
- Ability to work within a multi-functional team being
- Good C# .NET skills preferably with WPF experience.
- Experience of using the Agile-Scrum process or
- Knowledge of C++ with COM/MFC/ATL skills.
- Knowledge of C particularly in relation to embedded
- Knowledge of LabView or similar rapid prototyping
- Knowledge of MatLab or Python or other high level
- Ability to assess technical risk and to formulate an
development, including design and execution of
- Experience of using cross-platform tools
would be desirable such as Xamarin.
- Image processing or signal processing experience
- Honour’s degree in a science or mathematics.
- Microsoft Windows certification such as MCSD or
- Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing
environment; adjusting effectively to work
within new work structures, processes,
requirements, or cultures.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Having achieved a satisfactory level of
position-related areas; keeping up with current
developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Generating innovative solutions in work
deal with work problems and opportunities.
- Contributing to Team Success
- Actively participating as a member of a team to
- Clearly conveying information and ideas through
manner that engages the audience and helps them
understand and retain the message.
- Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives
is required; including action to improve
existing conditions and processes.
% of Travel Required : None