Data Centre Engineer Day Shift Jobs Vacancy at Tlp Consultancy Ltd
Tlp Consultancy Ltd urgently required following position for Data Centre Engineer Day Shift. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Data Centre Engineer Day Shift Jobs Vacancy at Tlp Consultancy Ltd Jobs Details:
Our client, a leading Property Management company are looking for a Data Centre Engineer to work within their Data Centre Services arm in Wiltshire.
Working in a day shift position providing on-site support to data centre environment, activities typically include; the provision and fault diagnostic / rectification of network channel connectivity, installation, relocation & decommissioning of IT equipment (servers, switches, routers etc) and also both copper and fibre cable: running, patching, fault finding, escorting and general engineering maintenance & housekeeping of the critical services and DC environment.
Essential skills required of the Data Centre Engineer:
- Previous working experience within a Data Centre
- Installation and maintenance of copper and fibre structured cabling systems.
- A good knowledge of IT equipment and their components including server, switch and blade technology.
- An understanding of the Data Centre environment, and the working restrictions applicable to such environments.
- Familiar with the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- A good understanding of fault diagnostic techniques including the use of handheld test equipment.
- To receive, respond, resolve and complete service requests and Break / Fix tickets within the agreed SLA timeframe or escalate promptly if they cannot be resolved within an acceptable timely manner.
- To receive, assess and complete patching / de-patching requests as well as other cable tasks such as installation and running (both copper and fibre) within the agreed SLA timeframe and to applicable internal, manufacture and industry standards.
- To receive, assess and complete IT equipment installation, relocation and decommission requests within the agreed SLA timeframes and to applicable internal, manufacture and industry standards.
- Provide remote hands problem solving support (server reboots, backups, visual inspections etc).
- Assist in carrying out M&E activities within the Data Centre on agreement with the Data Centre M&E or I.C.T Site Supervisor
- Carry out daily housekeeping checks of the data halls and record their findings.
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared, and used for all tasks undertaken to ensure safe working practices at all times.
- Ensure the provision of a Safe and Healthy working environment. To include the wearing of uniform and PPE at all times.
- Ensure up to date shift logs / Shift Handover documents are completed/kept at all times.
- Overseeing and monitoring of sub-contractors works whilst they are on site undertaking pre-approved maintenance.
- Accredited training in the installation of copper and fibre structured cabling systems
- Basic knowledge of copper and fibre transmission principles.
- Basic knowledge in the use of handheld data cabling test equipment including testing parameters and testing techniques.
- Two years of IT deployment/support experience.
- Previous experience of using Remedy, DCIM tools and BMS systems
Package: £30,000-£34,000 + benefits
TLP Consultancy Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.