Archive Assistant Part Time Jobs Vacancy at Workingforessex Com Chelmsford
Workingforessex Com Chelmsford urgently required following position for Archive Assistant Part Time. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Archive Assistant Part Time Jobs Vacancy at Workingforessex Com Chelmsford Jobs Details:
Location: Essex Record Office, Chelmsford
Salary: £20,000 per annum (Full Time Equivalent)
Hours: Part Time (requirement to work occasional Saturday 9am-4pm and to cover Tuesday evenings)
Essex County Council (ECC) is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK, serving a population of 2 million residents, and has a very successful track record of delivering transformational change. ECC anticipated change was needed in the public sector and has worked to deliver better quality at lower cost. We have an ambitious transformation agenda – one with the scope to reach every part of the council. We are changing the way we think, the way we work, and the ways in which we deliver our services. We are committed to becoming a place where individuals, partners and communities feel proud to play their role and genuinely want to belong. We’re immensely proud of our flexible working options.
Now is an exciting time to join us. We’re working with partners across Essex to deliver the most ambitious new garden settlements anywhere in the country. Our freshly created Economy Localities and Public Health function uses a new place-based and integrated approach. This function will help to build the right conditions for inclusive economic growth; improving skill levels, enabling adults to retrain, regenerating town centres, reducing health inequalities, and capitalising on our amazing green spaces, heritage, culture and arts. Sitting at the centre of one of the largest local authorities in the country, the function will foster close collaboration with colleagues across the council and with partners externally. At its heart, it’s about identifying what is important to Essex and our people, and supporting them to realise their aspirations and find a better quality of life.
Essex is a diverse county with some of the highest levels of deprivation in the country through to highly affluent communities, which gives us a wide variance in life expectancy and quality. Culture and Green Spaces will deliver exceptional customer experiences, demonstrating the benefit of Essex’s strategic location, with the objective of developing a financially sustainable operation.
With excellent customer service skills and experience in either researching family / local history or civil registration, this role will deliver advice and guidance to visitors to the Essex Record Office (ERO) and efficiently carry out administrative and technical tasks to deliver services relating to historical and genealogical information.
The Archive Assistant will engage with the public, both face-to-face and remotely, as the first point of contact for the public when accessing ERO services, ensuring a high performing search room, document production service, duplicate certificate service, reprographics and historical/genealogical research service.
- Contribute to the operation of the ERO Searchroom, meeting customer requirements to achieve high levels of satisfaction. Advising the public on the safe handling of documents and ensuring the security of unique archival material.
- Respond to enquiries in respect of all aspects of genealogical and historical research, relating to the historic county of Essex, utilising EROs electronic catalogue, Ancestry and other genealogical and historical databases.
- Maintain secure storage and retrieval of documents, actively promote long-term storage through the use of preservation techniques.
- Provide specialist information, advice and guidance to customers and colleagues, and assist with the promotion and safe storage of the Essex Art Collection.
- Contribute to increased awareness of the ERO through assisting with the preparation and delivery of ERO Outreach events and content on social media outlets.
- Responsible for actively promoting, processing and securing local sales to maximise income generation opportunities.
- Provide research to remote users, via the paid Search Service.
- Responsible for administering reprographics services and assisting with the operational delivery of the duplicate certificate service, processing payments for these.
- Contributes to the administration of the repository office and repository rooms, including efficient and accurate document retrievals and returns.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
- Educated to (RQF) Level 3 (A Level) or equivalent by experience.
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Experience in family/local history research or civil registration.
- Significant experience of working in a customer facing environment, with excellent communication skills.
- Competent in MS Office Suite of programmes. Experience of working with research databases is desirable.
- Ability to develop and use technical and specialist skills and knowledge to deliver customer service.
- Evidence of accuracy and attention to detail.
Qualification certificates should be brought to interview.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://www.workingforessex.com/benefits
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.