Sql Database Developer Jobs Vacancy at Fox Networks Group International Sofia
Fox Networks Group International Sofia urgently required following position for Sql Database Developer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Sql Database Developer Jobs Vacancy at Fox Networks Group International Sofia Jobs Details:
Department: Research & Audience Strategy
Job title: Database Developer (SQL)
Reports to: Research Director
Location: Sofia, London, Rome or Madrid
Purpose of role:
The SQL Database Developer will join FNG’s International Television Research and Analytics department as their data expert, specifically: databases, data lakes, data cubes and visualisation. Until now, the research department have been relying on support from the IT department, but the volume of database work in now such that we need someone dedicated inside our team. The purpose of the role will be to build (and maintain) databases that fuse multiple discrete structured and unstructured data sources to allow the team to uncover new insights into our business.
The Developer will be joining an international television research team; as such, they will be working with television data across some 40 countries supporting business decisions for FOX, FOX Sports and National Geographic linear channels, as well as our FOX+, FOX Sports Go and NG+ video-on-demand services and our digital media assets. Geographically, the work will be concentrated on Europe, but will also cover Asia Pacific, Latin America and will co-ordinate with wider datalake development in the US. The Developer will report to a Director based in London but will be able to call on support from others in the various IT teams worldwide.
The three core deliverables of the role are:
SQL Database: The Developer will build and manage a range of XLS & SQL databases containing a vast collection of television & associated metadata. This data will include TV Ratings data (mainly), video on demand streaming data, digital analytics data, social media data and content metadata. It will be the role of the Developer to source, clean and transform this data ready for SQL & the data cube.
Data Cube: Because we are currently reporting all data to the business via Microsoft Power BI, the Developer then needs to build data cubes (SSAS Tabular Modelling) to allow the pre-processing of complementary data sets. The objective here would be to speed up queries when visualised. As the database grows, or as we integrate with the larger US datalake project a layer of Amazon Web Services (AWS) Redshift could become necessary.
Visualisation: The Developer will also help build and maintain our suite of PowerBI Reports and Dashboards, liaising with the research team to design them and the IT team to grant single sign on permissions to ensure all internal FNG employees can access the data insights they need 24/7 and worldwide.
Necessary Technical Experience:
The successful candidate will bring extensive experience of the following skills:
- Excel database (including advanced pivots, lookups etc.)
- SQL database
- ETL process (e.g. Pentaho, SSIS)
- SSAS Tabular Modelling
- Microsoft PowerBI
While not essential immediately, the following will be beneficial:
- AWS / Redshift
- Excel Services
- Microsoft Office Suite including 365
- Other BI platforms like Qlik and Tableau
Beneficial Industry Experience:
The role will be dealing with the following data and industries. We can teach all this, but should we find a candidate with prior experience in any or all of these areas this would be a distinct advantage:
- Pay Television: The Developer will be working in the Pay television business and so an understanding of the roles of marketing, programme acquisition, scheduling and advertising sales will help.
- International TV Ratings: Television ratings are the industry currency for television ad sales and programming. These are essentially the measure of how many people watched a channel or show. There are some unique mathematical limitation with this data making prior experience of working with them helpful
- Digital & Video Analytics: The television business is changing quickly, and while TV Ratings remain the official currency of our business there are a lot of complementary data available from video on demand services, digital views on Facebook and YouTube and social engagement data. This will all need to collected and fused.
- Market Research Data: The Developer will be working with survey data from syndicated third-party studies and primary research. The role will require extracting this data from other platforms and fusing it into our databases using channel or programme hooks
- Market & Business Intelligence: as with market research data, we also have access to syndicated market projections which exist in their own reporting databases. These again may need to be extracted and fused with other first party datasets.
The Developer will not be joining an IT team but rather a market research team. The best researchers are motivated by an altruist desire to help their colleagues succeed, and this is what we also look for in the Developer. They will appreciate that Research is an internal support function to the rest of the business, but done well; can and should be driving strategy. Furthermore, they will appreciate that the data itself is worthless – only the insights add real value. The success of this role, and therefore the person doing it, will be defined not just by their individual performance but also by the effect their work has on the business at large.
Specifically, the successful candidate will be able to display:
- Fluent written and spoken English language
- Passionate about SQL / Data
- 2:1 degree in Computer Science or similar
- Ability to analyse data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies.
- Ability in managing and communicating data warehouse plans to internal clients
- Ability in managing external vendors: defining process, validating and improving
- Positive, happy & enthusiastic team member
- A good teacher who can share their skills with non-Data Analysts
- A self-starter who does not want or need daily micro-management
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills
- Meticulous attention to detail in their analytical work
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A keen interest in television would help!
Lastly, unless based in London, the Developer will be spending much of their day discussing with their manager and colleague via instant messenger and video conference (Skype, Zoom, Slack etc.). Prior experience and comfort with this style of remote-working will help.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.