Account Manager Jobs Vacancy at Berkeley Reading
Berkeley Reading urgently required following position for Account Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Account Manager Jobs Vacancy at Berkeley Reading Jobs Details:
The PR account manager is responsible for the day-to-day running of a number of different
accounts, ensuring the team is motivated and delivers on client expectations. Their professional
approach and experience will make them the first port of call for client consultancy and advice. As a
senior member of the team, the AM will play a key role in decision making, strategy and planning.
Key Responsibilities: (list key tasks, responsibilities, deliverables etc.)
Account Responsibilities: • Ownership and daily management of a number of accounts
• Planning, monitoring and evaluating activities relative to client marketing objectives, business goals and expectations
• Allocating and managing the successful delivery of tasks within the team
• Arranging and leading team and client update meetings
• Main contact point for clients and key decision-maker within the team
• Motivating individuals and the team to meet and exceed client expectations
• Identifying opportunities to increase monthly retainer and secure additional projects
• Relationship building and networking with colleagues, clients and the media
• Lead by example in developing and maintaining journalist relationships
• Liaising on a daily basis with team, clients and the media, via telephone and email
• Keeping clients happy and recognising/alerting AD to any potential issues with an account Company Responsibilities:
• Mentor and source of support to more junior team members • Lead the way with a proactive approach to both on- (including company blog and Twitter) and
offline social networking • Identify credible and appropriate new business leads • Highlight the team’s achievements to others within the organisation and client when appropriate • Identify strengths and weaknesses in the team; work with individuals setting goals to improve
specific skills • Line management responsibilities • Take an active role in the recruitment of the team; undertake telephone interviews and face-to-
• The AM will complete the first level of Storytelling accreditation. Berkeley’s storytelling philosophy should be second nature in written and verbal work, and the AM should be able to provide consultancy to clients if media materials do not reflect Storytelling.
• Mentor and guide more junior members of the team in storytelling. Taking a role in highlighting
Berkeley’s Storytelling Academy to clients.
Skills & Experience: (include generic, specific sector, people management, languages etc.)
The AM will have experience in similar PR/ journalism roles, and will ideally possess the following attributes: • Confident leader • Good listener and approachable • Creativity, energy and enthusiasm • Good organisational and time management skills • Display autonomy and accountability; be able to make a decision • Strong relationships with all target media, including national and online press • Understanding of the ‘bigger picture’ both client based and corporately • Self - motivation and a persuasive manner • Proven spoken and written communication skills across a variety of areas • Enhanced 'people skills', able to adapt to a range of audiences both internally and externally • Thorough understanding of client’s businesses and their markets • Consistent professional manner • Proven presentation and negotiation skills
Minimum level required: Degree-level or Equivalent