Managing Editor Jobs Vacancy at Springer Nature London
Springer Nature London urgently required following position for Managing Editor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Managing Editor Jobs Vacancy at Springer Nature London Jobs Details:
Macmillan Education provides world class content in the most relevant, engaging and flexible formats to support students, teachers and institutions through a lifetime of learning. Macmillan Education produces content for English Language Teaching (ELT) and for Schools curricula around the world whilst Palgrave Higher Education develops and distributes textbooks, e-books and interactive e-learning resources primarily for University-level students.
King’s Cross, London
The Editorial Services team are responsible for the development of content from final manuscript to handover to Production and sign off for digital products. Working in collaboration with cross-functional teams, they implement best practices, workflows, tools and templates to maximise the efficiency and effectiveness of the publishing process. The team are also involved in series development and post-publication maintenance and are critical to the success of our projects.
We are now looking for a Managing Editor to take responsibility for editorial processes for print and digital publishing from developed manuscript to publication. To ensure that the material is of the highest quality, and is delivered on schedule and within budget.
- Manage the editorial workflow of the course from approved manuscript through to publication
- Contribute to the preparation of sample materials, editorial costs and schedules required for Investment Approval
- Engage, brief and pro-actively manage freelance editorial staff and suppliers as required
- Be responsible for monitoring and tracking all post-manuscript handover editorial cost
- Work with the Project Manager, Senior Managing Editor, and Publishing Department to create and manage detailed content schedules for all the components of a project or a number of projects
- Ensure the editorial data on company systems is accurate and up-to-date and all required editorial documents are uploaded in a timely fashion
- Attend photo shoots, image selection meetings, video recordings and audio recordings
Experience, skills and qualifications
- Significant experience in publishing (ELT setting an advantage)
- Strong organizational and editorial skills (copyediting and proofreading)
- Knowledge of publishing processes for print and digital
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- The ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Experience of working in an educational setting, ELT would be an advantage
To apply, please submit a CV and Covering Letter