Student Hub Assistant Jobs Vacancy at Imperial College London South Kensington
Imperial College London South Kensington urgently required following position for Student Hub Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Student Hub Assistant Jobs Vacancy at Imperial College London South Kensington Jobs Details:
Do you have a flair for excellent customer service? Are you interested in meeting people from across the world and ready for your next challenge in a multi-site and fast paced environment? If so, we have an excellent opportunity for you to join the Campus Services Division at an internationally renowned University as a Student Hub Assistant on a fixed term, 6 month contract.
You will provide a high level of customer service at the Student Hub and be the first point of contact for enquiries from students, applicants and external customers. You liaise with colleagues from other departments and work closely with them to provide the most up to date advice and information to students.
With proven experience in a customer service environment and of working in a team, you will demonstrate the ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a consistently high degree of accuracy during peak periods. Based at the South Kensington Campus, you will be willing and able to work beyond the stated working hours when required and occasional weekends during the year.
Duties and responsibilitiesMain duties will include:
- Dealing with all students, parents and other parties’ queries. Promoting customer care and quality of service to students/prospective students and parents and any other visitors to the Student Hub
- Registering all enquiries, in person, by telephone or emails. Ensuring information is recorded in the enquiry management system consistently and accurately to assist with monitoring, evaluation and tracking and triaging these enquiries to the appropriate team/department
- Updating the information systems used in the Student Hub. Being familiar and confident in using all College IT systems including Kinetics, ASK, ICIS and Imperial Home Solutions and Microsoft Office Applications
- Carrying out general office duties i.e. photocopying, filing, including associated administrative duties etc. and assisting with the opening and closing of the Student Hub to ensure the smooth operation of the office and of the counter
- Attending and participating in events carried out by the Student Hub throughout the year, such as College Open Days and Private Housing Events.
Essential requirementsEssential Job Skills required:
- Experience of working in a busy customer-focused environment.
- Experience of financial procedures and cash handling
- A good working knowledge of Windows-based software including Excel, Word and Outlook
- A pro-active and flexible approach to work with the ability to adapt to changing situations in a considered and calm manner and to work well under pressure
- Excellent person-management skills and the ability to communicate, interact and build effective working relationships with a broad range of people
- This career opportunity will make the most of your experience and interest in customer focused roles such as: Student Hub Assistant, Student Support Assistant, Customer Service Assistant, Student Experience Officer, Student Support Worker, Student Support Administrator, Higher Education Administration Officer, University Administration Assistant.
Further informationContract Details:
Contract: Full time – fixed term (6 months) – 2 posts available
Grade: Operational Services Level 2a
Hours: The standard working week consists of 35 hours, 5 days out of 7, and will require a flexible approach to working, including occasional evenings and weekends and able to work at any location, as reasonably required.
In addition to your competitive salary, other benefits offered by the College include:
- Career development training
- Generous holiday allowances
- A company pension scheme
- A reduced rate in our sports centre
- Childcare vouchers
- Interest free season ticket/cycle loan schemes.
For technical issues when applying online, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are looking for the next stage in your career, you could be just the person we’re looking for. Please apply now!