Information Analyst Jobs Vacancy at Brown Manchester
Brown Manchester urgently required following position for Information Analyst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Information Analyst Jobs Vacancy at Brown Manchester Jobs Details:
N Brown Group is the home of JD Williams, Simply Be and Jacamo and we have a clear ambition to become a leading digital first retailer. To help us realise our goals, we are investing heavily in our Merchandising function and are looking for a technical expert to play a crucial role in assisting us with the transformation of our MI & BI.
Reporting to the Merchandise Operations and Planning Manager, you will form a key part of the central point of information for our Product teams. You will assist with the development of the existing systems as well as maintaining and improving the existing MI and reporting suite. Having already had experience in an Analytical role, you will be required to work to create and deliver relevant analysis to meet business needs.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Production of weekly management packs, best seller reports and seasonal results packs
- Developing your knowledge of the wider business and the function of the Buying & Merchandising area
- Acting as representative for Buying & Merchandising and its interests, ensuring the department is considered when new data is developed
- Gaining a detailed understanding of the information available within the Teradata data warehouse; efficiently and effectively querying data using SQL when required
- Communicating clearly with internal customers at all levels, defining and explaining complex requirements and insights concisely
- Developing new business Key Performances Indictors and also an understanding of existing business standard KPI’s
- Ensuring that new MI is accurate, timely and able to be used as an effective decision-making tool
- Analysing Data and presenting it back in an insightful way
- Interrogate data to identify trends and interpret information from analytics, preparing and presenting the outcomes and findings
We’re looking for an individual with a balance between technical expertise and retail merchandising knowledge. Advanced SQL / Teradata and MS Excel skills are essential along with demonstrable experience in the production of MI, ideally within a retail head office environment.
You should be a natural team player with good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to manage and prioritise a varied workload. You should display exceptional attention to detail as well as a positive, flexible and proactive approach.
Required Technical Skills:
This role requires extensive IT knowledge of numerous IT systems including MS SQL server
Experience of analytics and reporting
Very good SQL
Knowledge of database administration
Good SQL Server skills. Knowledgeable in SSAS, SSIS , SSRS
Advanced Excel Skills.
Ability to work under pressure and still show an attention to detail, monitor data integrity.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.
Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams