European Import Export Manager Jobs Vacancy at Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Ltd London
Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Ltd London urgently required following position for European Import Export Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
European Import Export Manager Jobs Vacancy at Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Ltd London Jobs Details:
As the European Import/Export Manager you are responsible to manage all aspects of import and export related operation of any mode of transport and manage logistics suppliers across Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe territories and distributor markets in Europe, Middle East and Africa, Australia and New Zealand.
This is a key role within the European Logistics team and you will be working very close with the London based European Supply Chain Planning team and the Territory & Distributor Operations management across Europe. This will include working with the Logistics team in Japan who manage factory logistics and international logistics service provider.
Further you will be responsible for certain aspects of the below areas and support other SIEE Central departments to maintaining compliance for Lithium Batteries regulation, Incoterms, Customs Tarriff code evaluation, Supply Chain Security, Loss Prevention & Risk Management, Insurance/Claims handling, invoice validation, cost control. The Import/Export manager will have contact with Legal and Business Affairs, Financial Planning, Financial control, Accounts payable on a regular basis, and give ad hoc - logistics related matters - advise to Marketing/IT/Reverse logistics and the Environmental team.
You will have to manage 1 London based administrator to support all activities.
You will work close with the other logistics team members and function as back up within defined areas.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- To manage SIEE's interests in distribution services within UK Warehouse through operational management.
- Develop an understanding of the central European Warehouse in The Netherlands.
- To provide a supporting role in SIEE insurance matters and responsible for the claims management process. Work on continuous improvement within risk management and loss prevention area together with the Supply Chain Security manager.
- Getting trained and certified on Lithium-Ion related operations matters, in order to have SIEE comply with legislation such as UN recommendations on transport of dangerous goods, IATA, ADR, etc.
- Support and advise on any areas to comply to Sony corporate standards and any legislation impacting the physical supply chain.
- Maintain relationship with Chamber of Commerce in London.
- Having a good understanding of the European Union Customs Code.
- Maintain an understanding of the freight markets relevant to SIEE business through regular contact with service providers, business journals etc.
- Develop and nurture relationships with service providers to ensure SIEE needs are met efficiently.
- To monitor SLA’s and KPI’s with any logistics service provider. Distribution Administrator to assist.
- Maintain the day to day contact with SIEI Tokyo on freight and liaise with SIEI shipping department in Tokyo and Shanghai.
- To liaise with SIEE vendors in the Far East, tracking product on inbound schedules and reporting intercompany. Distribution Administrator to assist.
- To negotiate and manage contracts / SLA with OEM freight forwarders.
- Oversee the timely provision of Certificates of Origin.
- Continually oversee the administration of the Incoterms and invoices. Distribution Administrator to assist.
- Run weekly stock, sales, and in-transit reports.
- Maintain a good working relationship with the non-European Operations managers regarding shipping related issues.
- Practical involvement in the Road Freight in Europe working close with the carrier manager.
- Management of special projects.
- Management of Documentation for suppliers.
- Timely sharing of knowledge with Senior Management.
- Weekly summary of projects, including updates on running projects and defined recurring and operational tasks.
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field.
- Experience as a logistics/operations manager or similar role within global organisation with multiple locations.
- Experience of working with or for global freight forwarders; sea, air and road.
- Experience with supply chain security.
- Team player, able to work in an environment with diverse global teams and cultures.
- Solution-driven attitude whilst being able to understand and balance interests and limitations of stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance, self-sufficient and a self-starter.
- Numerate, advanced Excel, SAP desirable.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English. Other European languages would be an advantage.