Senior Technical Engineer Line Desktop Support Jobs Vacancy at Kpmg London
Kpmg London urgently required following position for Senior Technical Engineer Line Desktop Support. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Technical Engineer Line Desktop Support Jobs Vacancy at Kpmg London Jobs Details:
AutoReq ID 123353BR Job Title Senior Technical Engineer - 2nd Line Desktop Support Country United Kingdom Location London Function KPMG Business Services Service Line ITS Service Line Information Over 1,000 people make up KPMG Business Services and they all play a key part in the firm's success. Whether they're in finance, procurement, HR, facilities, marketing or IT, they provide crucial support to the people who work in our UK offices. Flexibility and adaptability. These are just a couple of the things KPMG looks for in its IT Services team. We're a function of KPMG Europe LLP and, as such, we're a group that constantly needs to deliver a highly-flexible, customer-focused service in response to the changing needs of the business.
KPMG Overview At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
UK Local Support team exists to ensure that customers throughout the UK receive a service which allows them to make the best use of Information Technology. Situated geographically across the UK the team are the “face” of IT Services to the internal customer and provide support to all areas of the business. The UK Local Support Senior Technical engineer has a key role in demonstrating service excellence, assisting their Team Leader and continuous development of the Local Support service.
The team provide support covering 8am until 6pm, Monday to Friday, split between early and late shifts (35hpw)
- Provide desk side support and delivery hardware break fix solutions, by diagnosing and resolving IT hardware and software problems, configuring PC’s, installing, upgrading and replacing core hardware and software, within specified SLA’s.
- Travel to KPMG satellite offices or other regions when required (sometimes at short notice) to delivery desk side service and any other support services.
- Supervise colleagues in the absence of the Team Leader when required.
- Be point of contact for escalations for other team members and identify and raise issues with Team Leader when concerned about effect on customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for monitoring and communicating own workload to Team Leader, working flexibly and ensuring correct decisions are made to complete all assigned Incidents, Tasks and Requests within the agreed SLA’s.
- Provide local assistance for the Resolver Groups and KPMG IT Services partners in the delivery of their solutions to customers.
- To be responsible, often as part of a project team, for IT implementations, installations and upgrades. This function may also include client site support for core products.
- Act as IT liaison and become involved in the implementation of best practice across business areas, by providing informal training and advice on the effective use of the firm’s hardware and software. Help colleagues within Operations by sharing information, knowledge and experience.
- Act as buddy to new joiners into the team and deliver coaching sessions to colleagues within the team.
- Complete Local Support duties (eg issue of IT consumables, asset\\warranty management and the handling of Leavers devices) following agreed processes in a timely fashion ensuring data provided is complete and accurate.
- Be role model to other members of the team, by demonstrating professional attitude and behaviour at all times and ensuring timely comprehensive completion of incidents. Overseeing incidents which are completed by others within the team and providing feedback to the Team Leader.
- Guidance and advice from Team Leader and when appropriate Local Support Manager and others across IT Services as required, jobholder will be expected to work with limited supervision, and may be required to supervise colleagues in the absence of the Team Leader.
- Must be capable of working on their own initiative within the procedures and QMS guidelines laid down. The job holder will be familiar with all relevant QMS documentation to carry out the role. Take responsibility for the team in Team Leaders absence.
- The ability to communicate with all levels of staff, management and up to Partner level. The main contacts will be within the Business and liaison with other UK IT colleagues.
- Worked within a Customer Services environment and been involved in relationship management.
- Ability to demonstrate supervisory skills within a team environment.
- A good communicator and mediator.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Resilient, confident and tenacious.
- Solid responsible attitude and able to show discretion where necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Have a flexible approach to working hours.
- Minimum – GCSE, Good overall knowledge of IT. A+ and hardware accredited for desktop & laptop (HP, Dell and Lenovo but should qualify for any other PC makes required by the firm).
- Evidence is required of experience with First line, Desk side support and technical engineering background.
- The job holder’s experience and knowledge will be such that informed decisions will be made where clashes of priorities occur or when the Team Leader is away.
- Good all round knowledge of IT software and hardware and its use within a business environment
We’re at our best when you’re at your best; that’s why we’ve created ‘Our Deal’ and ‘The Academy’. Our Deal is the way we speak about the colleague experience and the expectations we have of our people. We expect the best from our people and in return we provide a stimulating, collaborative environment where each person can reach their extraordinary potential. Through ‘The Academy’, you’ll have access to communities which will support and develop you so that you build your skills and career. From introducing secondment programmes to preferential banking, and student loan payments to your birthday off, we’re making sure that our people have an amazing experience.
Flexible Working While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly.
Applying with a Disability KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contact any reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We pride ourselves on being a place where your individuality is valued; you can be yourself and still achieve your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results to our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG by viewing our
At KPMG, we recognise that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand and appreciate that those with experience who have taken a career break still have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: