Checkout Operator Jobs Vacancy at Asda Birmingham
Asda Birmingham urgently required following position for Checkout Operator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Checkout Operator Jobs Vacancy at Asda Birmingham Jobs Details:
Be the best you can be as a
How will you make a difference?
Here's the short answer;
Our customers love us just as much for our friendly, helpful service as they do for our fantastic low prices. The genuinely warm and friendly way a customer is served is seen the most at the checkout, probably more than any other area in store, so you can play a major part in making the customer experience a fantastic one. Of course we want you to smile and be polite. But it’s also about listening, talking, being patient, being helpful, looking smart and being calmly efficient… while also being incredibly busy! You could be the vital ingredient that makes a difference to a customer leaving Asda with a smile and feeling that they can't wait to return again soon.
We’re proud of our warm and friendly service. It’s what our customers love and have come to expect. Our competitors would love to have the same level of commitment from their own colleagues. So we’ll expect you to:
- Have a smile in your voice as well as on your face. Always say ‘hello’ and ‘goodbye’ – and in between show an interest and find out customers’ needs
- Greet customers with a smile & use eye contact, always paying full attention to the customer you are serving
- Courtesy is a big part of our warm and friendly service culture so remember the importance of saying please and thank you
- Treat every customer as an individual; YOU may the first person the customer speaks to in the store, and possibly the last. YOU can make a difference to the customer experience
- Be aware of their needs, such as not scanning too quickly or speeding up service if required
- If a customer has had to queue for longer than normal, acknowledge the problem, apologise and thank them for their patience
- If a customer has a complaint, try and resolve the problem yourself or quickly decide it’s an issue for a manager. Be sympathetic and don’t get flustered. The way in which you handle any problems could be the reason why a customer comes back to shop with us
- Offer to help with packing bags, but check that they’re OK with that – most customers love it but some prefer to do it themselves
- Be an advocate of the reusable bag range
- Make them aware of special offers or promotions they may have missed, but never try a hard sell. They may be tempted next time
Being the best you can be, every day
It’s doing the little things that make a big difference for our customers and this can lead to much greater things. It could be as simple as checking the cap of a bleach bottle and bagging it separately or changing a product that the customer didn't know was damaged.
We’re one big team, so we’re looking for helpful, outgoing people who can get along with and support others.
Unfortunately due to the laws relating to the sale of alcohol, all our checkout operators must be aged over 18.