Head Regeneration Development Jobs Vacancy at Diamond Recruitment Group Antrim
Diamond Recruitment Group Antrim urgently required following position for Head Regeneration Development. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Head Regeneration Development Jobs Vacancy at Diamond Recruitment Group Antrim Jobs Details:
Head of Regeneration & Development
Head of Regeneration & Development required for a temporary contract within the Ballymena Area, 37 Hours per week and £26.76 per hour pay.
Head of Regeneration & Development required in Ballymena in Co.Antrim , Northern Ireland.
As a Head of Regeneration & Development your Main duties and responsibilities will be
1. Service Delivery
1.1. Work with the Director and staff within the Department to deliver or commission and manage cost effective, efficient, high quality, responsive, robust and integrated services in line with Council’s responsibilities and corporate priorities for the residents of MEA.
1.2. Responsible for the effective development and delivery of a portfolio of services including:
- Urban Regeneration Strategy Implementation
- Town Centre Development and Regeneration
- Physical Regeneration management
- Masterplan Development
- Securing funding to support service delivery
- Investment and Funding Strategy development and implementation
- Maximise benefit from National and European Funding Opportunities
- Conduct research and develop appropriate market intelligence for services
- Overall responsibility for the implementation of Funding Programmes
- Funding and Investment Programme Development
1.4. Support the annual budget and service planning cycle, ensuring the delivery of corporate and departmental objectives, and the robustness of annual and longer term planning.
1.5. Lead and manage service delivery across the department, through the production, implementation and effective review of service plans, objectives and priorities.
1.6. Drive service improvement by developing or commissioning and managing cost effective, efficient, high quality, responsive, robust and integrated services which will deliver Council’s responsibilities, aims and objectives.
1.7. Protect the Council and services by ensuring that effective Risk Management, Emergency Planning and Business Continuity Plans and procedures are in place, and by ensuring that managers and employees adhere to these plans and requirements.
To apply for the position of Head of Regeneration & Development in Ballymena you will meet the following essential criteria:
- Applicants must have a degree or post graduate qualification
- Be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples, that they have three years’ management experience in a Regeneration and Development function, at least one of which should be at a senior management level: Management experience in a Regeneration and Development Function must include demonstrable experience of:
- A proven track record in leading the development and delivery of strategies, policies or initiatives designed to address the social, economic, and physical regeneration of cities, towns and villages;
- Leadership of regeneration, town centre development or commercial/retail development functions involving effective and efficient management and deployment of people and resources;
- Developing strong networks and partnerships with the business community, town centre structures and other stakeholders at regional, sub-regional and local levels including government departments or agencies and other bodies to deliver positive outcomes for the council area;
- Successfully securing funding to enable the delivery of a range of economic development and related programmes
- Effective management of resources including budgets, people, systems and/or policies.
- Demonstrating responsibility for strategic planning and decision making for the organization
and general management experience in the following areas:
- effective management of resources including budgets, people, systems and/or policies;
- successful delivery of services;
- effective management of staff in accordance with the principles of performance management and personal development;
- experience of successfully managing change.
a) Experience of effectively working with a range of internal or external stakeholders including Elected Members, with an understanding of the political context;
b) Demonstrating responsibility for strategic planning and decision making for the organisation.
Be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples, that they have five years’ management experience in a Regeneration and Development function, at least two of which should be at a senior management level as specified above.
- A sound understanding of the legislative framework governing the work of the Department.
- Practical understanding of the main issues and developments impacting on service delivery within the service portfolio within the Borough.
- A clear understanding of the workings of local government and the wider environment and political context in which it operates.
1.2 Leadership - Motivates others to achieve their objectives and organisational goals through involvement and providing feedback and support.
1.3 Managing Performance - Set clear, aligned, high standard performance goals & objectives for self, others and the organisation.
2. How we manage ourselves
2.3 Communicating with Impact - Presents a positive image by communicating effectively, being resilient and treating people fairly.
3. How we work with others
3.1 Collaborating in a Political Environment – Develops and manages effective networks by establishing common ground.
3.3 Meeting Customer Needs - Establishes the needs of customers and strives to ensure that these are met.
4. How we move forward
4.2 Managing Change – Promotes change effectively and ensures that changes are delivered in line with organisational goals.
A full current driving licence valid in the UK and access to a car OR have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post. Applies only to applicants who have a disability under the Disability Discrimination Act.
Diamond Recruitment Group reserve the right to enhance the desirable criteria in the event of an unprecedented response.
To apply for the position of Head of Regeneration & Development please forward your CV to Louise McCollum at Diamond Recruitment Group by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV. All CVs must be received by Tuesday 3rd October 2017 at 10:00am.
For further information on this opportunity please contact Louise McCollum at Diamond Recruitment Group on 028 2563 2223. Your details will be treated in a confidential manner with Diamond Recruitment Group. Only applicants meeting the criteria will be contacted.
You may have found this job vacancy searching for the following related terms: Regeneration, Development, Economic Growth, Management.