Programme And Project Officer Fixed Term Jobs Vacancy at University Sunderland Sunderland
University Sunderland Sunderland urgently required following position for Programme And Project Officer Fixed Term. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Programme And Project Officer Fixed Term Jobs Vacancy at University Sunderland Sunderland Jobs Details:
Programme and Project Officer
UoS Grade Grade E Day to Day Duties - To manage and deliver assigned projects as guided by the
Programmes and Projects Manager and offer a range of support and advice relating to processes, procedures, tools and techniques; including project planning, scheduling, risk, issues, finance and progress monitoring and reporting, benefits realisation and lessons learnt. - To provide assurance to senior management that project and programme processes and controls are operating and are appropriately designed. - To facilitate or be involved with key meetings from a 'subject matter expert' point of view to help providing advice and guidance to make key decisions - To investigate, document and analyse current and future processes; facilitate options appraisal; make recommendations for improvements and lead implementation of resulting plans. - To assess and report the impact of internal and external factors and interrelationships affecting systems, processes, programmes and projects including dependencies and prerequisites. - To maintain and administer Project, Programme and Financial documentation and processes in accordance with University and professional requirements and standards. - To undertake any other appropriate duties as requested by senior staff.
- As allocated by the Programme and Project Manager - lead, manage, develop and facilitate initiatives as appropriate relating to Process Improvement; Business Analysis; Requirements Definition and Systems Development. To allocate work to project teams as and when required by the project schedule - To take responsibility for developing, implementing and administering programme and project procedures, processes and documentation which ensure delivery of projects/programmes and enable benefits realisation - To guide project teams, working with managers, in order to generate better and more efficient ways of working throughout the organisation - To lead areas of work as guided by the Programme and Project Manager relating to programme and project management, process improvement, business analysis; requirements definition, benefits management and investment planning - To provide input to the development of the Planning and Finance function.
Supporting Customers and Stakeholders
- To take responsibility for responses to customers and stakeholders as allocated by the Programme and Project Manager to more technical or detailed questions relating to:
project/programme management/business analysis, processes, procedures, tools and techniques on individual project/programme proposals and plans. - To liaise with non-subject matter experts across the University and external stakeholders to collect, clarify, and translate business requirements into designs and documentation.
Contribution to Culture
- To influence a culture in the service which supports University and Finance priorities, including: responsiveness and excellence in customer service; ownership of actions; adaptability and a ‘can do’ attitude; strong communication; innovation; inclusiveness; collaboration and team working.
- First degree or equivalent experience with appropriate professional qualifications.
- Business Analysis or CI qualifications - Membership of an appropriate professional association (e.g. APM or PMI)
- Experience delivery of projects and business analysis in a PMO environment. - Management and delivery of projects working closely with project sponsors including developing project plans; managing project stakeholders; project teams; risks; schedules and budgets. - Experience of Project Management/Business analysis techniques including financial analysis and risk management. - Knowledge of the factors required to deliver a successful project and programme management. - Experience of delivering successful projects and / or programmes. - The ability to write and deliver training and technical updates. - Highly developed IT skills (specifically related to Microsoft Office). - The ability to deliver at a high level to senior committees and colleagues. - An ability to deal with competing demands and conflicts. - Ability to engage with individuals from within and external to the service and ‘bring them on-board’ with whatever activity is being delivered.
- Business analysis and continuous experience - Experience and knowledge of delivering Continuous Improvement across a complex business. - Knowledge of and experience within the Higher Education Sector