Trainee Incident Response Analyst London Cheltenham Jobs Vacancy at Context Information Security
- Trainee Incident Response Analyst London Cheltenham
- Context Information Security
- 12 Jan, 2018 5 days ago
Context Information Security urgently required following position for Trainee Incident Response Analyst London Cheltenham. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Trainee Incident Response Analyst London Cheltenham Jobs Vacancy at Context Information Security Jobs Details:
Join the Response team at Context and be part of a market leading Incident Response team, respected for its technical expertise and ability to support clients tackling some of the World’s most sophisticated hackers.
The Response team is growing and needs you to be part of the expanding effort to protect Context’s client networks from a range of sophisticated threats. We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate their aptitude and knowledge in a range of technical disciplines.
We need you to have knowledge of Network Traffic Analysis, Malware Analysis or Digital Forensics. You will be hunting and investigating technical attacks against client networks, including Foreign Government espionage and sophisticated Cyber Crime.
You will have the opportunity to learn and develop the skills required to become an effective analyst.
The nature of our work means that the Response team needs to be dynamic and remain flexible in our ability to respond to emerging threats. You will have the opportunity to take on additional responsibilities outside of the examples given above, allowing you to broaden your experience and knowledge and ensuring Context maintains its ability to support client requirements. You will also provide technical support to consultants, and have the opportunity to work with clients on site or remotely.
Ideally you will have a degree within a relevant field, or relevant work experience. You will be expected to maintain and grow your technical skills and knowledge as part of the role, and will be encouraged to seek relevant professional qualifications to ensure Context maintains a high calibre Response team.
- Knowledge of malware types, infections and how you might detect their presence
- Demonstrable knowledge of common networking protocols
- Knowledge of common tools for network analysis or host based analysis (TCPDump, Wireshark, FTK, Sleuth kit, Volatility, Snort) – you’ll also get the opportunity to work with some of the most advanced commercial security products available.
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
- While we are not looking for Software Engineers, you will be expected to have demonstrable knowledge of at least one programming/scripting language
- Keen interest in Information Security with the ability to share knowledge of current or past threats, their impact and technical detail
- Performing analysis of data captured as part of Context’s deployed capabilities
- Responding to and investigating suspicious activity detected on client networks
- Developing and growing our Threat Intelligence and detection capability
- Collaborating with colleagues to enhance our technical capabilities
- Performing technical analysis of malware, network and log data
Context is an independently operated cyber security consultancy, founded in 1998 and focusing on providing highly skilled consultants to help organisations with their information security challenges. We work with some of the world’s most high profile blue chip companies and government organisations.
We are growing rapidly and are expanding our team and our services. We have offices in the UK, Germany and Australia, and are recruiting in order to support an expanding business.
Location and Travel
It is not expected that this role will require the individual to regularly travel outside the UK or away from home overnight. Occasional travel a possibility.
The role may occasionally require the individual to work outside normal business hours. Context prides itself on responding quickly whenever our clients require us.
Salary and package
A competitive salary and package aligned to market rates and including annual review.
Additionally, Context hosts a comprehensive bonus scheme and benefits including: 25 days annual leave, option to buy up to 5 extra days; company pension scheme, contributory of up to 8%; company share plan; numerous voluntary benefits including Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Voucher Scheme, Season Ticket Loan; free eye tests and sabbatical options.
Employees also benefit from an individually tailored learning and development plan which can include financial support with tuition/exam fees and access to various conference opportunities.
Company ethos is paramount and so, in addition to these bonuses and benefits, Context offers a flexible working environment, regular social activities and various day to day extras such as free refreshments.