Director Engineering Jobs Vacancy at Nymen Spence Recruitment Consultants Birmingham
Nymen Spence Recruitment Consultants Birmingham urgently required following position for Director Engineering. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Director Engineering Jobs Vacancy at Nymen Spence Recruitment Consultants Birmingham Jobs Details:
( Multiple UK Locations )
(Engineering & Manufacturing) £65,000-£70,000+ Bonus, Car, Pension, Health etc
(There is flexibility here dependant on ability and experience) COMPANY
This superb and interesting opportunity has been created with this division of a major blue chip engineering group who employ many thousands of employees, due to continued growth and expansion which has led to the Managing Director releasing the day to day running and management of this division.The group is extremely profitable and continuing to expand and this is an excellent opportunity to develop the successful individual with initially the division and also the Group. The Group has many divisions and is continuing to grow through organic growth, acquisitions and the introduction of new product lines.
The Group specialises in supplying, manufacturing and servicing equipment and parts for a variety of markets that include the Marine, Off Shore, Oil, Gas, Petrochemical, Power, Automotive, Transport, Agriculture, Construction, Utilities, Engineering, Manufacturing, Building, Water and associated markets. They are dedicated to providing optimum levels of aftermarket and product support to all of their customers for new equipment, parts and aftermarket contracts.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Operations Directors role will involve managing and running one of the Groups divisions which is very profitable with a number of larger and smaller locations throughout the UK.
- Full management responsibilities for all business operations that include strategic planning, people management, sales management, budget setting & P&L for meeting financial and sales objectives
- Direct-line Manager of a Sales Director, Service & Production Director and a Finance Director
- Analysing production and manufacturing processes with a view to improving efficiencies, reducing costs, increasing margins and duplicating working methods
- Drive forward efficiencies and improvements across all of its UK sites
- Manage and work with existing staff to ensure an enhanced team approach through dynamic leadership
- Analysing Sites Efficiencies’ and being responsible for developing a sustainable operational strategy across the division
- Accountability for rolling out Divisional operational initiatives
- Monitor of division and unit performances and major customer service levels
- Working closely with Sales Director to ensure that client KPIs are achieved and costs are being controlled REQUIREMENTS
- Strong, inspirational leader with the ability to lead, manage and motivate team members effectively.
- Intelligent individual with excellent interpersonal skills
- The role could suit somebody at this level already, or an individual who is looking to take the next step up or a senior Director who is seeking a progressive company who they can develop with
- Experience in manufacturing line management, including the ability to manage multi functional teams of people
- Ideally experienced in implementing and maintaining Lean Management and Continual Improvement processes (5S, JIT, Kaizen, Kanban, TPM and six sigma etc)
- A technical/engineering/manufacturing or production background ideally with a recognised qualification
- Robust decision making, planning and organisational skills with the ability to plan ahead, supported by strong business and financial acumen, with excellent verbal, numerical and report writing skills
Any experience of dealing with any of the following engineered products or markets would help: - Mechanical Engineering Products, Pumps, Process Plant, Rotating Equipment, Valves, Generators, Compressors, Plant Hire, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Diesel Engines, Power Transmissions, Agricultural Equipment (Tractors, Mowers, Rollers etc), Automotive Parts, Truck Parts, Trailers, Tankers, Heavy Vehicles, Heavy Automotive, Transport (Buses, Lorries, Coaches etc), Haulage, Material Handling Equipment, Off-Road, Off-Highway, Building, Construction Equipment (Dumpers, Excavators etc) Service Contracts, After sales Contracts Marine, Airports, Fire, Local Authorities, Road Sweepers, Refuge, Recycling, Water Authorities, Waste Water, Clean Water, Service Main Contractors, Utilities, Power, Food, Process, Mining, Quarrying, Oil, Gas, Petrochemical, General Manufacturing, and associated markets
Anybody in the following roles could be interesting: - Operations Director, General Manager, Divisional Director, Commercial Manager, Commercial Director, Managing Director, Operations Manager, Supply Chain Director, Head of Operations, Engineering Manager, Engineering Director, Manufacturing director, Manufacturing Manager, Production Director COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS
There are six locations around the UK and you could be based out of any one of them. You will also spend quite a bit of time in all of the locations at various points
This is a superb opportunity for an individual who is seeking to develop their careers with a very forward thinking and expanding group, who offer this fantastic opportunity to take over this well established and very profitable division. There are excellent prospect to develop in the role and further their career within the group. TO APPLY
If this position seems of interest then please email your CV and relevant details as soon as possible to Nick Thompson (Sales Director)