Software Tester Jobs Vacancy at Days Nottingham
Days Nottingham urgently required following position for Software Tester. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Software Tester Jobs Vacancy at Days Nottingham Jobs Details:
We're looking for an eagle-eyed QA / Software Tester to join a brand our Fire and Motion team helping us develop and deliver world-class software solutions to our customers.
e-days® is an absence management software designed to streamline booking and tracking of holidays and absences. We have users throughout the world and are growing so rapidly we need another pair of hands!
You can find out more about e-days® at www.e-days.co.uk
About the role
As a QA / Tester you will be looking after the testing and continued integrity of our software, which we deliver to companies across the UK and in over 60 countries worldwide.
We’ll encourage you to grow and develop in your role and support you to continuously look at new ways to aid the development process.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work as part of our Agile development process – Take ownership for all testing within our system and input into our annual release planning
- Looking at automation through scripts – Review our test scripts and make sure they are continually updated with feature upgrades/changes within the system
- Coding and de-bugging – Identify and track bugs; check code as needed
- Develop your knowledge – Nurture a genuine interest in our software and keep yourself continually up to date with best practice and innovation in testing
- Continuous improvement – Nurture an ethos of high quality in everything you do and support the team to achieve this across development projects
- Team-player – Take part in our sprint planning, inputting suggestions and recommendations as needed; collaborate with our internal teams, especially our Development and Support teams, to make sure everyone is kept continually in the loop
To help make sure we’re delivering world-class software solutions, you must:
- Have a meticulous attention to detail
- Be a natural organiser
- Be eager to learn with a technical mindset
- Have some experience of using C#
- Be confident in checking code
- Have had some exposure to commercial web applications
- Be a great problem-solver
- Be an excellent communicator in person, over the phone and in writing
- Have a related degree or experience within software testing
What you’ll get?
- A competitive salary
- A great office located in Nottingham city centre (2mins walk from train station)
- Opportunities to grow your skills everyday, alongside an annual £1000 personal training budget
- A friendly, social working environment with monthly social events, lunch clubs, running clubs and some of the best pubs in Nottingham on our doorstep