Logistics Coordinator Jobs Vacancy at Babcock Bristol
Babcock Bristol urgently required following position for Logistics Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Logistics Coordinator Jobs Vacancy at Babcock Bristol Jobs Details:
£27,500 - £35,000 DOE
We currently have an opportunity for a Logistics Coordinator working for a FTSE100 Engineering and Support Services Business, to be based in Bristol.
The organisation is the UKs leading provider of support services to the MoD and the Armed Forces and has been awarded a contract to become the Marine Systems Support Partner (MSSP) for the Royal Navy's new Queen Elizabeth Class (QEC) Aircraft Carriers and Type 45 Destroyers.
Typical tasks and responsibilities include:
- Facilitate the shipping of products from supplier to customer, including reverse supply chain
- Arrange transportation, and orchestrate deliveries to meet customer demand with little to no delay
- Manages activities throughout the order fulfilment and transportation cycle to make sure established deadlines are met
- Continually reviews transportation costs, and performance to ensure efficient logistics processes are met
- Engage with suppliers to ensure appropriate training, labelling and packaging has been carried out to facilitate smooth collection or delivery of parts
- Coordinate the transportation of repair process to ensure required dates are met
- Work with the relevant teams to resolve any system and supply chain process issues, so as not to affect demand and supply performance
- Identify areas for improvement, working with relevant teams to develop processes
- Educated to degree level or equivalent is advantageous
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Numerate and able to communicate well at all levels, both verbally and through formal written correspondence.
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise
- Decision making ability
- Good attention to detail
- Talent for recognising the opportunities for process improvement
- Relevant experience of:
- Logistics / transport management (2+ years)
- ERP and logistics systems preferable
- Stakeholder engagement